SENIOR MARINE ELECTRICAL ENGINEER: Harvey 1906
- The Senior Electrical Engineer is responsible for leading all electrical aspects of the companies ship designs including, but not limited to, propulsion, power generation, communications, control and alarm systems.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent degree
- 5 years Marine Electrical design experience
- Well versed in IMO and Class regulations
- Eligible to be registered as a P.Eng in British Columbia
- Intermedieate proficiency in AutoCAD
- Basic Microsoft Office Suite and intermediate Excel
- Development of solutions to complex technical problems
- Demonstrate sound judgment and decision making
- Able to work independently and manage priorities
- Excellent people skills
- Responsible for electrical designs including diesel electric propulsion systems, load analysis, generator sizing, short circuit current analysis, diagrams, supporting calculations and specifications
- Plan and organize work for assigned design and consulting engineering projects
- Direct and coordinate technical/engineering staff in the execution of the planned work
- Write reports and specifications and prepare calculations in support of design work
- Comply with the companies ISO 9001 Quality Management Plan
- Participate in project design development including meetings with clients to establish the project requirements
- Communicate with and report to Clients on work progress and any technical issues requiring resolution or more information
- Assist Clients in negotiations with shipyards and major equipment suppliers
- Report regularly to Manager, Marine Engineering on project status and any critical issues affecting the completion of companies contracts
- Act as Owners representative reviewing shipyard purchase orders and production design
- Work with the VP Engineering, Manager, Marine Engineering, and Manager, Naval Architecture to advance the quality of work performed, primarily by ensuring that design work developed is suitable for the assigned role of the vessel in question
- Participate in development of cutting edge technologies including hybrid and fuel cell systems
Manager of Marine Engineering
This is a fulltime position.
Salary of $80,000 plus per year.
Depending on experience.
Relocation will be considered.
Posted: February 18, 2018
Closes:April 19, 2018