Senior Manager, Training & Development Position Overview Aon Hewitt has announced BCAA as a 2018 Canadian Gold Level Best Employer
If you are looking for an empowering and progressive place to build your career, then you've landed in the right place at BCAA. With our corporate Head Office in Burnaby and locations around BC, we offer a wide variety of opportunities all across the province. Go the extra mile and share our vision to be the most trusted organization in British Columbia, absolutely famous for doing the right thing. What BCAA offers you:
• It's not in our nature to brag but we are proud of some of our achievements that recognize great employee culture. Some of our latest awards include being one of AON Top 50 Employers in Canada - 2018 and an Outstanding Workplace by YWCA in 2018. What is the job?
• Our team members get to make a difference in the lives of our Members and their communities every day.
• We pride ourselves in being open and transparent and in empowering our people to do great work while serving our Members.
• We enthusiastically support learning and advancement opportunities for our team members.
• We are an equal opportunity employer that's committed to accessible, inclusive employment.
• We have an amazing Total Rewards Program which offers: Extended Health and Dental, Vision Care, Life Insurance, RRSP matching with company contribution to your pension, access to Incentive Programs, Team Profit Sharing, Employee & Family Assistance Program and more.
• Team members at our Home Office also get to use our Shared EV (electric vehicle) Program, have access to our subsidized cafeteria and free fitness centre.
The Senior Manager, Training & Development has overall responsibility for operating as the primary resource for business training programs, and enhancing the talent pool through high quality and timely learning programs. This role will oversee the design and implementation a variety of learning methods, be well versed in the knowledge of learning theories, and have a strong knowledge of BCAA business practices. The individual in this role will remain current on all training requirements for BCAA and have responsibility to develop and implement learning material to support changes in products and services, ensure the readiness of new team members, and support and integrate Customer Experience throughout BCAA. The leader in this role will support organizational objectives and participate in the development of strategies for all divisions, and primarily those that have direct interactions with our Members and customers, and support select corporate initiatives. What is the status?
Regular Full-Time What are the hours?
35 hours per week Key Responsibilities Include What you will be doing? Strategy & Planning
• Develop key organizational capability requirements and integrate into short and long-term strategies for learning and development. Operational Management
• Ensure learning and development initiatives are aligned with overall divisional and organizational strategy.
• Recommend design of learning infrastructure and governance to support the technical requirements of all divisions and select programs across the organization.
• Partner with P&D Talent Development to ensure that all programs are in alignment with and supports the leadership training program.
• Partner with Marketing to ensure training and delivery is current on all product features/benefits and programs are in alignment with initiatives and brand.
• Maintain a high degree of understanding of CX initiatives and deliverables to ensure best practices are incorporated into learning programs and communications.
• Lead cost benefit analysis of programs and initiatives and ensure business needs are being met.
• Ensure that vision of growth and development is well communicated across the organization and reflects BCAA culture and engagement goals.
• Develop and manage department budget and develop recommendations for department structure that ensures efficient operations and skill development.
• Collaborate with senior leaders on the development of learning programs that support organizational strategies.
• Plans, develops and implements a range of tactical initiatives and tools to facilitate and support effective Change Management.
• Develops, conducts or facilitates focus groups, surveys, and other diagnostic processes to determine organizational readiness for change, change progress and impediments to change.
• Establishes and maintains strong relationships, communication, and feedback.
• Provide leadership to the learning and development team . Budget
• Create a culture of continuous learning, knowledge transfer and growth.
• Create and continuously update training manuals for employees of CXO and provide guidance to other divisions on development and maintenance of employee manuals.
• Collaborate with P&D to enhance and support corporate leadership development, coaching, change and performance management.
• Lead the design of training programs for a variety of delivery methods which support CX and coaching culture.
• Oversee development of business cases for new initiatives and translate learning into business value.
• Support the identification of leadership potential within the organization and create growth opportunities for team members.
• Collaborate and participate in talent mapping and succession planning.
• Direct the implementation of technology and software to support learning throughout the organization and track metrics for analysis.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of best practices in organizational learning.
• Manage high level third-party contracts and agreements of products and services that support talent management.
• Prepares, manages and reports for the department operating budget Manages the team, including
• Manages the budgets set for external costs (Independent Adjusters, Partners, Suppliers)
• Establishes goals and monitors the development of team members, tailoring coaching and leadership based on team member needs: provides feedback and develops individual capabilities or manages skill deficiencies in alignment with People & Development practices Minimum Qualifications What do you bring? Education
• Ensures best BCAA People & Development practices, documentation and procedures are followed
• Ensures knowledge transfer and retention in team
• Manages succession and career development plans
• Carries out other related tasks and projects as assigned
Completion of an applicable post-secondary degree or work related experience Experience
Six (6) to ten (10) years directly related experience, including development, delivery and coordination of a variety of employee development and change management programs with a minimum of 3 years management and facilitation experience. Other Skills:
• Thorough understanding of organizational development, training, leadership, performance management, and change management theories, methods, and practices.
• Proven experience in motivating and leading others.
• Demonstrated experience in facilitating the development of leadership and other key human relations skills amongst management staff.
• Proven track record in training and development design and implementation.
• Demonstrated ability to make concise recommendations in objective consideration of legal and regulatory, as well as personal and organizational, factors.
• Proven knowledge of assessment and psychometric tools.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook). Preferred:
• Current on all insurance regulations, requirements, and BCAA products
• Retail sales and service experience in a leadership role Background Check:
•Must successfully pass a background check, which may include a criminal, credit and credential.
CXO Job Status
Regular Full Time (RFT) Location Name
Head Office (Burnaby) Location Name
British Columbia [BC]
Posted: September 14, 2018
Closes: November 13, 2018