CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website
CIBC delivers access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business successes
, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of these successes and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com
. Job Overview
Located in Vancouver BC
and reporting to the Director or Associate Vice President, Trade Finance Sales, the Senior Manager will have sales and origination accountability for Trade Finance products and solutions within a designated region. This role is focused on
marketing and selling import, export and standby/guarantee related services and solutions to targeted prospects and clients, working in close alignment with Commercial Banking Relationship Managers in support of these efforts What You’ll Be Doing
• Market and sell trade finance products and solutions within a designated geographical area, to an agreed client segment, and maintain a high level of visibility and interaction with related Commercial Banking Commercial Sales Leaders and Relationship Managers. • Be accountable for profitable growth in revenues with targeted clients and prospects in accordance with established targets. • Conduct ongoing research and mine information resources to identify prospects for trade-related origination, as well as ensuring that the full scope of opportunities with existing clients is identified. Ensure client and prospect lists are kept current and are consistent with Trade Finance Sales/Global Transaction Banking overall business strategy. • Develop and/or contribute to Point of View documents that assist in bringing value-added information and solutions to clients, prospects and internal partners in respect of trade and cross border-related issues. Work closely with GB "Global Banks" Financial Institutions (FI) team to acquire and integrate information on key international markets in such Points of View or other forms of communication. • Develop and implement tactical plans to support the achievement of revenue targets, build stronger, deeper relationships for CIBC with targeted customers and prospects and work in Account Teams in an effective manner with a variety of business partners. Work closely with Relationship Managers and Account Teams to maximize alignment of targeted clients and prospects. • Develop and maintain Account Plans for targeted accounts using agreed planning methodology. • Establish active calling programs in support of sales and origination efforts and ensure that related call reports and follow-up communications and action steps are completed in a timely fashion. • Record all significant sales leads using established tracking procedures and maintain and update these to ensure accuracy and relevance. • Manage close working relationships with a portfolio of diversified companies active in cross border trade or guarantee business and structure and arrange practical and profitable trade finance solutions. • Be familiar with Trade Finance Sales RAROC Model and know how to conduct related "What If" analysis. • Refer all promising business opportunities to internal partners. Follow up, ensuring satisfactory resolution and/or completion of sale. • As requested, prepare briefing memoranda tailored to the requirements of the audience, ensuring information is clear, concise and current. • In consultation with the Associate Vice President, Trade Finance Sales attend trade seminars and briefings to promote Trade Finance Sales capabilities, conduct external presentations and expand networking relationships. • Be alert to competitive intelligence, ensuring affected units are made aware, escalate key findings and assist in the development of creating mitigation strategies and tactics. • Ensure that after-sales service and other non-sales related activities are minimized, and maintain collaborative and client-focused relationships with Trade Finance Operations accordingly. • Liaise with clients on a continuing basis to identify service-related challenges and opportunities to improve service delivery. Ensure such challenges and opportunities are referred to appropriate internal partners and follow progress to resolution. • Identify "new product" needs and communicate these to the Director, Product Management GTB, providing support in the creation of related business cases/ business requirements. • Ensure compliance with all CIBC and regulatory policies, including Anti-Money Laundering and Reputation and Legal Risk policies and procedures, and ensure that all related escalation and reporting procedures are followed. What We’re Looking For
What CIBC Can Offer You
- Communicator - strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with a wide range of individuals in diverse situations.
- Initiative - comfortable to take a leadership role, working in an independent environment and exercising appropriate judgment.
- Results Oriented - follows tasks through to conclusion.
- Relationship Builder - strong interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Financial Industry Experience - 5 years
- Sales Experience - 4 years
- Negotiating skills - 4 years
- Trade Finance knowledge - 5 years
- University degree in business, economics or equivalent.
- Commercial or Corporate Banking Relationship Management experience is a plus
- MBA is a plus
What You Need To Know
- Flexible health benefits, stock purchase plan, competitive incentive pay and recognition programs
- Competitive salary and banking benefits
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities
- Opportunity to be involved in CIBC events that help our communities
- Click to learn more about Rewards & Recognition, Learning & Development, and Employee Community Involvement
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role