At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world. The opportunity:
KPMG's Management Consulting practice helps organizations leverage change. The Technology, Strategy and Transformation team helps organizations leverage their data and information for competitive benefits and advantages by developing and optimizing their data governance, data management and data analytics programs and services, helping them transform their organization by leveraging emerging technologies.
This team works with various organizations, both private and public. This multidisciplinary and multilingual team includes individuals with training and skills in information management, data management, metadata management, data engineering, analytics, data science, process re-engineering and architecture. We help our clients to digitally transform their business. What you will do
The successful candidate will lead various projects in data management, information management, data/information governance, information process and flow mapping, data optimization, data classification, development and implementation of master data or metadata management programs, and/or multidisciplinary team participating in digital transformation projects.
The successful candidate will have a range of responsibilities, including:
- Identifying and leading the preparation of proposals, in collaboration with the Partner
- Planning and managing engagements under the leadership of the Partner
- Building relationships with clients and their teams
- Leading client meetings and supporting the team in developing presentation materials for project kick-off meetings, requirements gathering, project management, presentation of results, etc.
- Leading current state assessments and maturity analysis based on best practices, industry trends and KPMG's various data and information governance, data management and analytics maturity frameworks.
- Supporting the implementation of roadmaps, data management strategies, process and data flow mapping, data quality management programs, governance frameworks, business cases, cost/benefit analyses and deliverables related to the implementation of recommendations, such as policy writing, data classification or profiling.
- Supporting and guiding clients in implementing recommendations.
- Assisting with business and practice development efforts by preparing proposals, marketing material, internal and external presentations, seminar materials, articles, etc.
- Delivering high-quality work on time that meets the Firm's quality standards and client expectations.
- Working with cross-functional teams with people of diverse backgrounds and skill sets.
- Applying best practice and process maturity knowledge observed in client engagements and personal research.
It is highly probable that the incumbent will be required to travel within Canada as part of his/her duties. At times, business needs arise, and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this. What you bring to the role
Keys to your success:
- 6+ years of relevant professional experience in data management, information management, analytics and/or data engineering
- 2-3 years of consulting experience is required
- Proven experience in Energy and Resources (Mining, Natural Resources, Oil and Gas)
- Experience classifying, defining or profiling data.
- Strong understanding of data and business processes.
- Knowledge of governance and data management standards, such as DAMA-DMBOK, CMMI and DCAM.
- Experience and/or certification with Data and Information Platforms such as Microsoft O365, Azure, AWS, Snowflake etc.
- Professional experience in the financial or insurance industry, an asset.
- Business analysis, requirements gathering and processing mapping experience, including information management process narratives, workflows, information flows, controls and business case development, an asset.
- Knowledge and experience with various governance or data management tools (Collibra, Informatica, IGC, etc.), an asset.
- Any data and/or information certifications are of benefit and should be identified.
- University degree in computer science, business intelligence, data analytics, data science, information architecture, information sciences, management information systems or another related field
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here . Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.