At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
KPMG's Operations Advisory Practice helps organizations to develop efficient and effective operations to support strategic business objectives. We support our clients in identifying, quantifying, prioritizing, and delivering the changes required to align their operating models to their financial targets and strategic objectives. This approach helps deliver timely improvements in performance and visibility, and control for long-term operating impact.
We start with the big picture, before narrowing it to reflect our clients' most pressing concerns, focusing on continuously streamlining operations to unlock value, delivering bottom-line improvements, and enhancing quality and service levels.
Our Operations Advisory practice is seeking a Senior Manager for our Technology, Media, and Telecommunications (TMT) sector to strengthen our Management Consulting practice in the GVA area. We are looking for talented professionals like you, with a proven record for motivating teams and delivering exceptional, meaningful client service. What you will do
As a Senior Manager in our TMT Advisory practice, you will help our clients and internal stakeholders reimagine the value we deliver, the way we deliver our services, and evaluate how our workforce drives dynamic solutions to solve client needs. You will use your strong business acumen and industry knowledge to become a key member of a high performing team. You will be learning from some of the best in the industry and growing your personal skillset by supporting the following activities.
What you bring to the role
- Leading enterprise-wide strategy and implementation engagements in the TMT industry with accountability for engagement delivery, client outcomes and risk management
- Leading and managing cross-functional engagement teams (8-10 individuals) including providing training, leadership, direction, and guidance to cultivate and manage high performing teams
- Leading end-to-end project delivery, including driving conclusions, overseeing deliverables, reviewing output produced by the team and presenting results
- Leading proposals and other new business development activities by leveraging new and existing relationships with Director and Executive-level contacts within the Telecommunications and/or Technology sectors
- Establishing client value propositions that tie key strategic, financial, and operational metrics directly to near- and long-term business improvement
- Growing your coaching and feedback skills through providing day-to-day guidance and mentoring to your team and supporting our Open Feedback culture
- Developing your reputation as a trusted advisor and as a champion within the TMT network, locally and globally
- Crafting thought leadership, white papers, and other intellectual assets to shape our perspective on emerging trends in the TMT sector and expand our market presence.
Keys to your success
- A seasoned professional, with 8+ years of comparable experience in management consulting or 10+ years of experience in telecommunications strategy & operations, preferably with proven experience in building and managing stakeholder relationships at the mid-senior and senior levels.
- Strong relationships with Director and/or Executive-level contacts within the Telecommunications and/or Technology sectors
- University degree in business, management, operations, engineering, MBA or equivalent from an accredited university
- Strong telecommunications sector experience, specifically in one or more of the following domains: Digital infrastructure (emerging technologies such as 5G, smart cities, network technology etc.); telco operations (field services, customer operations, sales, and product etc.); and/or ESG (operational impact assessments, operationalizing decarbonization initiatives etc.). Experience in the technology sector would be a value-add, but not mandatory.
- Familiarity in front and middle office activities with a focus on transformational projects, cost optimization, business modeling, financial modelling, and business strategy.
- Understanding of enterprise data and technology solutions such as low code applications (e.g., Outsystems, Microsoft PowerApps), analytics and visualization tools (e.g., Alteryx, MicroStrategy), and ERP solutions (e.g., SAP, Oracle) is considered a value add.
- Experience working at both the conceptual and the hands-on level with big picture thinking and growth-oriented leadership skills with a solid understanding of key market trends in the telco sector locally and globally.
- A deep understanding of the interrelationships between people/organization, business processes and enabling technologies as contributors to business effectiveness
- Skills and experience in project execution, including leading day-to-day delivery, team management, client relationship management, and managing project schedule, risks, and timelines
- Ability to cultivate relationships at management and executive levels, both internally and externally, including to drive business development initiatives
- Ability to succeed in both team-based and independent environments
- You understand that at times, business needs arise, and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal workday or work week to fulfil the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need extra time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this.
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here . Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.