Permanent Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Canada All Available Locations:
Toronto; Calgary; Vancouver Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization. By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems.
Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it.
Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada.What will your typical day look like?
As a Senior Manager you work with our Partners to lead the practice with a specific focus on decarbonization and energy transition, within a broader team of ESG professionals .
This includes delivering successful client engagements, managing diverse projects with multi-disciplinary and integrated teams, leading internal and external business development, and developing new service offerings and thought leadership initiatives.
Key to success is the ability to manage key client and stakeholder's expectations to build and foster long-term relationships, and to guide and support the development of junior team members through the advancement of their professional careers.About the team
We are a highly connected global group of over 2000 practitioners across the world and are united by a unique objective throughout our practice: To make an impact that matters to our clients, people, and communities.
Our Canadian practice brings people together through a National presence and has a diverse range of skills.
You will work with people who have a broad range of skills and qualifications - accountants, engineers, scientists, management consultants and industry specialists. You will have the opportunity to work on strategy, advisory, assurance, and management system projects in a broad array of sectors including retail and consumer business, energy and resources, financial services, and the public sector.
Working with us means that you will be working with a leading sustainability practice in the country and globally.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You will have:
Our shared values
- Approximately 10 years of experience in key elements climate change advisory services, including but not limited to experience with decarbonization and energy transition strategy, climate risk, and disclosure as well as experience with energy transition in the Energy, Resources and Industrials sectors.
- Preferably 7+ years of experience in a professional services environment leading the delivery of consulting engagements and teams through:
- Climate and decarbonization strategy development and execution;
- Techno-economic modelling of carbon abatement opportunities;
- Climate change risk assessments; and
- Carbon accounting and disclosure.
- Proven ability and experience to coach, counsel, and guide clients and staff across all levels of an organization.
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to
the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
Apply by October 18, 2021
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Manufacturing and Production