We are currently recruiting on behalf of a major BC employer for a Senior Manager, Safety & Wellness, who has the strategic management and performance management expertise needed to bring innovative safety and wellness programs to a large organization with a dispersed workforce across the Province of BC. The organization has been named one of BC’s Top Employers many times over for offering exceptional places to work, flexible work hours and many other generous perks.
The Senior Manager, Safety & Wellness directs a team of Safety Advisors, a Safety Coordinator, a Wellness Coordinator, and an Emergency Programs Manager. The position is responsible for providing advice and guidance to senior leadership and promotes and fosters the development of a best-in-class safety culture by driving ongoing improvement to the organization’s health and safety performance.
The Senior Manager, Safety & Wellness reports to the Director, Health & Safety and applies an understanding of the company's operations, comprehensive knowledge of legislated safety requirements and collective and component agreements, to manage the provision of services related to employee safety. This position develops, implements and maintains company-wide wellness and safety programs in order to maximize employee health by promoting wellness and minimizing the risk of physical injury in the workplace.
Who We’re Looking For:
You’re a strategy guru with a proven ability to conduct safety program development; who thinks beyond the day-to-day and can address the big picture. You are very talented at connecting the dots, identifying where there are program gaps and bring a high level of critical and analytical thinking to solve these issues. Specific experience with Wellness programs is not essential but you definitely get it and are passionate about supporting those initiatives.
Reporting to the Director of Health and Safety, this position will be responsible for an overall budget up to $1 million and will be directly managing a team of 5 reports.
· Responsible for the timely, accurate and efficient provision of safety programs including (but not limited to): ergonomics, powered industrial vehicles, electrical safety, fire protection, emergency preparedness, driver safety, machine guarding and hazard communication.
· Identify and analyse safety and regulatory training needs and formulate plans and programs.
· Work with key stakeholders across the organization including distribution centres, offices and stores to ensure training of all employees to maintain full compliance with safety regulations.
· Provide consulting services to the senior leadership and management team to assist with the appropriate application of the collective agreement and WorkSafeBC Act, as well as OHS regulations.
· Design, implement and monitor employee wellness programs including performing cost-benefit analysis
· Work with the Director of Employee Health & Safety on strategic program development and process reviews.
· Act as the Representative at Labour Arbitration and other hearings if required
Education and Experience:
A post-secondary degree or diploma in occupational health and safety, or related education, with a minimum of 5 years of recent, related*, and progressive experience in safety management.
*Recent and related experience includes the following:
· Proven ability to strategize and successfully execute company-wide health, safety, and wellness programs that align with organizational goals and initiatives.
· A minimum of 3 years directly managing a team of employees and providing guidance to senior advisor level staff.
· Providing senior level advice interpreting and applying legislation, policy, and contract or collective agreement language.
· Overseeing safety investigations and audits.
Preferred qualifications include:
· Experience within a warehouse distribution and/or retail store environment.
· Demonstrated ability to create, coordinate, and deliver enterprise-wide programs that support a safe and healthy work environment for staff.
· A recognized professional safety certification.
Employment is subject to a successful completion of a criminal record check.
The position may require overnight travel within B.C.
Salary in the $76,000 to $107,000 range plus extended health and dental benefits, maternity and parental leave top-up payments, a pension program, in-house professional and leadership development, and subsidies for professional accreditation.
To be considered for this rewarding opportunity, please email your resume to the attention of Kristel Rundmann.
#13 - A Thinking Ape - Working With a Growth Mindset
About Hunt Personnel/Temporarily Yours
Hunt Personnel/Temporarily Yours is one of Vancouver's most well-established and successful recruitment firms. We recruit top quality candidates for some of the most high profile companies in ...Read More