You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The opportunity
We are looking for a seasoned Risk Consulting professional at a Senior Manager level to join our Kelowna/ Vernon team! As a member of KPMG Canada's cross-functional Risk Consulting team, you will be dedicated to growing our presence and brand in the local market, as well as overseeing service delivery. The successful candidate will focus primarily on business development and consulting with our clients' on internal audit reviews, risk assessments, information technology, cyber security, assurance and other advisory engagements across various risk domains.
A career within our Risk Consulting Services will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients implement an effective programs' that protect against threats, propels transformation, and drives growth. As companies pivot toward a digital business model, exponentially more data is generated and shared among organizations, partners and customers. We play an integral role in helping our clients ensure they are protected by developing transformation strategies focused on security, efficient integration, and management of new or existing technology systems to help our clients get the most out of their investment.
KPMG's Risk Consulting team has received tremendous investment and has been identified as a transformational part of the firm to deliver growth over the next five years. This is an excellent opportunity for those that are looking to stay ahead of the curve and work in a firm with unparalleled career progression opportunities.
At KPMG we continue to be a virtual first work environment; however, this role is required to be located in Kelowna or Vernon, BC. The team looks forward to representing KPMG and growing our practice locally through industry events and client meetings when safe to do so.
Find out more about KPMG Risk Consulting. What you will do
As a Senior Manager, you'll be an advocate for KPMG's services, lead delivery, and helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
What you bring to the role
- Take an active role in the business community to increase awareness of the firm's services and level of commitment to the local market. Developing and maturing relationships with clients and internal staff, identifying and assisting in pursuing opportunities to increase the practice's penetration in the public and private sector including developing marketing materials, proposals, presentations and research;
- Consult to understand our clients' key challenges and advise/ propose practical and cost-effective solutions to remedy or solve our clients' challenges, and effectively manage organizational risk;
- Provide leadership, oversight, and successful delivery of risk engagements serving multiple clients across various industries;
- Build knowledge to understand and champion our service offerings such as business process reviews, risk assessments, maturity assessments, threat modeling, IT asset and vulnerability management, transformation roadmap development and execution;
- Contribute to team development through engaged mentorship and knowledge sharing to help grow consulting skills, professional brand, and technical acumen. Manage the performance and development of team members;
- Work collaboratively across KPMG service lines to provide holistic support to our clients;
- Engage in and contribute to the innovation, growth and enhancement of KPMG services;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, existing clients, and prospective client organizations.
We will look to you to bring a blend of knowledge, training, and experience, including: Requirements:
Desired experience, certifications, and abilities:
- 5-10 years of experience in business process, risk, or technology consulting including recommending solutions within mid to large level organizations;
- Industry relevant (s) such as CPA, CIA, CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, CGEIT, ISO27000, PMP;
- Experience and demonstrated success in business development activities, including the involvement in the relationship management, research and analysis, proposal writing etc.;
- Strong business acumen and the ability to understand a "big picture" view of risk and exposures as they pertain to a business;
- Strong understanding of business process and audit risks and ability to advise clients on relevant and cost-effective solutions aligned with their business needs;
- Experience evaluating the design and operating effectiveness of various control frameworks, including understanding process level risks, technology risks, assessing the adequacy of mitigating controls and providing opportunities for enhancement;
- Experience leading and/or managing complex projects;
- Experience effectively communicate and present strategies, solutions, insights, and reports to a mix of stakeholders at various levels;
- Experience in a leadership role, providing engaged mentorship and knowledge sharing to the team and junior level consultants;
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline or relevant experience;
- Ability to travel within the Regions West geographic region as needed.
- A relevant internal audit, accounting or risk management designation;
- Knowledge of risk management practices such as security architecture, vulnerability and patch management, identity access management (IAM), cloud security, privacy, governance, risk and compliance etc.;
- Experience with service delivery/ fieldwork, including conducting research, performing technical testing, writing reports, conducting interviews and communicating regularly with clients and resources;
- Experience performing internal audit, special assurance or risk management engagements;
What makes you stand out:
- You have fine-tuned your leadership skills and are comfortable leading diverse teams, overseeing a variety of engagements, as well as managing and coordinating expectations of stakeholders.
- You see the big picture both as a consultant and as an internal contributor. You are motivated to create solutions that are practical and cost-effective solutions that are relevant to your clients' objectives and challenges. You're also a self-s tarter that takes initiative to contribute to the overall performance and success of the practice.
- You have developed a reputation as a knowledgeable professional in your area, possess a solution orientated and analytical mindset, and enjoy guiding others through complex and at times ambiguous challenges;
- You are an exceptional communicator, both verbally and written, with the ability to deliver professional communications, presentations, reports and documentation;
- You have developed a strong professional brand and presence in the risk community, and regularly contribute to and participate in events.
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is committed to the health and safety of our people, clients and communities. With this commitment in mind, KPMG complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. KPMG's COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to attend a KPMG office and/or other congregate settings in the course of their duties (such as client sites or third-party venues).
As this role requires occasional or consistent attendance at a KPMG office and/or congregate setting, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (i.e. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide KPMG with proof of vaccination. KPMG will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.