We're looking for Senior Manager, Product Insights and Analytics to help us establish and scale a high performing data-driven Product Analyst team. As part of the Product Growth team, you will work closely with Product Directors and Product Managers across the company to help inform roadmaps based on insights derived from product analysis. You'll be the subject matter expert when it comes to quantifying potential impact of initiatives and advising how to measure results and prioritize efforts and resources. While based in Hootsuite's Vancouver office, you will report to the Senior Director, Product Growth. Please note that the role will include t ravel from time to time. WHAT YOU'LL DO:
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Manage, mentor, and develop a team of highly skilled Product analysts
- Drive the vision for Product Analytics and ensure we are always learning and improving
- Build and scale user growth models that drive and inform predictive user growth
- Explore and define Product KPIs and North Star Metrics
- Develop and evolve impact frameworks to help Product Managers prioritize product releases based on impact
- Deliver data-driven recommendations and insights in a clear and concise way to all levels, including C-Suite stakeholders, throughout Product, Design, and Technology
- Directly contribute to analysis around strategic leadership priorities.
- Provide guidance around A/B testing measurement to ensure results are reliable, valid, and accurate.
- Partner closely with the Data Central team to ensure we are continuously evolving our Product data sets to be leveraged across Product areas and the business
- Advise stakeholders across the company on how to best leverage product data in their own analysis and workflows
- Be the advocate for accurate event tracking, documentation of definitions, and education around how to best structure and analyze data.
- Own the product analysis tools technology stack and continuously look for ways to improve the toolset
WHO YOU ARE:
- 10+ years experience with leading data analytics teams, preferably leveraging Product data in a SaaS business model
- Extremely strong technical skills, including excel, SQL and one of Python or R
- Experience with Product event data analysis tools (mixpanel, interana, amplitude) and data visualization tools such as Tableau.
- A post-secondary degree, in computer science, business and/or engineering, MBA or similar an asset
- Proven experience working with an Engineering and Design team to deliver customer facing value in a fast paced environment
- Data Management and Infrastructure experience including quality control and assurance
- Strong project management skills
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Commitment to Results: consistently achieves results, demonstrating high performance, and challenging self and others to deliver results
- Creativity and Innovation: seeks new and better ways of doing things, generates original and imaginative ideas, products, or solutions
- Decision Making: consistently chooses the best course of action (from a number of alternatives) to address business problems and/or opportunities
- Open Communication: clearly conveys thoughts, both written and verbally, listening attentively ad asking questions for clarification and understanding
- Builds inclusive, cohesive teams which apply diversity to achieve common goals
- Capably delivers results through others, is good at establishing clear direction, helping others achieve their best work
- Identifies key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision; Builds an integrated plan for course of action to accomplish this vision
- Challenges and supports others to create results but also develop new capabilities. Successfully develops the capacity and capability of team and individuals on the team
Share our values:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
We champion the power of human connection. We're united globally by our shared values of innovation, grit, humility, and passion for customer success. Make an impact:
Working at the speed of social, we create value for our customers by delivering solutions that power relationships at scale. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can stretch yourself and make an impact. Learn and grow:
We're committed to growing the capabilities of our people. We are building a learning community where you can work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our employees are teachers and learners who work out loud and share their knowledge to enhance each other's growth.
We are dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. Our purpose is to champion the power of human connection and the heart of connection is inclusion. You belong here.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Software and Programming Management and Executive