The mission of the Workplace Safety & Health Department is to uphold industry-leading best practices to prevent the occurrence of serious workplace injuries.
Aritzia is growing and our Workplace Safety & Health team is growing with it. This is a unique opportunity to lead and motivate the team responsible for the measures necessary to protect the safety of our people and clients at our modern, multi-channel Distribution Centre located in New Westminster, BC. You will play a pivotal role in implementing processes, procedures, and programs to absorb operational variability, prevent the occurrence of serious or potentially serious (SIF, SIF-P) events, and to continuously learn and improve. And, with people at the heart of everything you do, you will support your high-potential people to grow rewarding careers at Aritzia-while enjoying one yourself.
As the Senior Manager, Workplace Safety & Health, DC01, you will lead the team to:
- Work with the appropriate Business Support partners to seamlessly lead the day-to-day function of the department in support of corporate objectives, while enabling progressive career development and an incredible employee experience.
- Establish Aritzia's approach to Workplace Safety & Health
- Set standards surrounding the steps we take in our safety procedures
- Minimize impacts associated with hazardous exposures
- Minimize impacts with emergencies in our spaces
- Respond to events quickly and accurately
- Manage, maintain, and monitor Workplace Safety & Health risk
The Senior Manager, Workplace Safety & Health, DC01, has:
- Proven and best-in-class skills, education, and/or applicable certifications:
- Holds a university degree in related discipline and related occupational health and safety experience
- Holds or is eligible to become a Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP).
- Has advanced working knowledge of concepts, principles, practices, and techniques pertaining to safety management.
- Strong working knowledge of the relevant policies, legislation, and legal terminology related to Health and Safety Management.
- A commitment to learn, apply, champion, and enrich Aritzia's Values and Business and People Leadership principles
- The skills to collaborate strategically with cross-functional partners in the pursuit of shared business outcomes
- The ability to set clear objectives and design a strategy that inspires the team
- A dedication to quality and investing in results and new business opportunities that add value
Some of the industry-leading benefits you will receive working at Aritzia:
- Aspirational Workplace - Our distribution centres are specially designed to be places of creativity, productivity and inspiration.
- Product Discount - Maybe you've heard of our famous product discount? Or our exclusive private shopping events? You have now.
- The SET - Our in-office fitness studio and gym with state-of-the-art equipment, custom-created classes and optional personal training. Open 7 days a week, works out well.
- Aritzia Virtual Wellness - Because your health, happiness, and safety matter - 24/7 resources to support you in your wellbeing goals, be it physical, mental, social, or financial.
- Flexible Scheduling - Enjoy stability and work-life balance with our flexible full-time and part-time positions.
- Amenities - Additional amenities include shower facilities with elevated complementary conveniences, bike rooms, and more.
Aritzia is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Our goal is to be inclusive, diverse, and representative of the communities where we work while creating an environment where every person can enjoy a successful career. This commitment applies to all candidates and employees regardless of race, ethnicity, citizenship, creed, place of origin, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, family status, marital status, disability, age, and any other protected characteristic.
Requests for accommodation due to a disability or any other protected characteristic can be made at any stage of the recruitment process and during employment by contacting our People & Culture Team.
Management and Executive