From small businesses to some of the world's best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data - and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You'll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex finance optimization challenges across a broad range of industries and geographies. The opportunity
As a Finance Optimization Senior Manager, you will be a professional member of our Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team. Together with our substantial investments in technology, knowledge, and learning resources available to our advisory professionals, you will be part of the team that delivers fit for purpose financial optimization advisory services to our clients and their stakeholders. Your key responsibilities
As a FAAS - FO Senior Manager, you will actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships. You will help to develop and expand long-term client relationships and networks, as well as develop relationships with team members across all EY practices to service client needs. By drawing on your relationship building skills, project management, and financial knowledge and experience, you and your team will provide innovative commercial insights for clients by adapting proven industry delivery methods and practices to meet clients' organizational needs. You will actively contribute to improving data integrity and quality, operational and reporting efficiency, and effective decision making. FAAS - FO focuses on supporting finance leaders in assessing, designing and implementing innovative and effective finance operating models, processes and technologies across all areas of the finance function (e.g. Record to Report, Procure to Pay, Acquire to Retire, etc.). A majority of your time will be spent supporting local business development activities and client engagement teams, working with a wide variety of clients, across multiple sectors, to deliver professional services. Skills and attributes for success Client responsibilities
• Lead external client consulting engagements involving the advancement of the CFO agenda, looking at a company's internal finance and accounting processes and advising clients on solutions to increase processing efficiency, drive automation or reengineer existing processes to better align with future state target operating models; • Lead business development initiatives including service offering development and roll-out, proposal development, responding to RFX's and participating in oral presentations • Staying abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business and overall local industry. • Specialization in a particular area, service offering or industry and ability to support subject matter advisors and relevant go-to-market activities in this area • Manage the financial and commercial aspects of engagements by organizing staffing, tracking fees and communicating issues to project leaders; and • Build strong internal relationships within our national and global FAAS practice and across EY's service lines including Advisory, Tax and Transactions. People Management responsibilities
• Prioritize the development of people through effective coaching, constructive on-the-job feedback and mentoring • Foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment • Effectively motivate teams with diverse skills and backgrounds • Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff • Lead/contribute to people initiatives including recruiting, retaining and training Finance Optimization professionals • Maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills • Understand, follow, and lead by example as it relates to workplace policies and procedures To qualify for the role you must have
• 10+ years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 5+ years of related work experience • Professional designation and/or qualification i.e. MBA, CA, CPA • In depth knowledge of: Ideally, you'll also have
• Planning, budgeting and forecasting processes • Performance measurement and management concepts • Process transformation and improvement methodologies • Business performance reporting process • Financial statement close process • Project and change management methodologies • Proven track record with a blue-chip consulting firm in the field • Experience in leading and delivering Finance transformation program/projects that cover the full life cycle of assessment, design and implementation support • Leading and driving high-quality work products within expected timeframes and on budget • Knowledge and working experience on business processes including record to report, plan-to-perform, order-to-cash, and procure-to-pay an asset • The ability to lead and work collaboratively in a team environment • Dedication to teamwork, people development and leadership, with experience in managing and/or mentoring junior staff and providing direction to team members • Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to think critically and identify creative solutions outside of the box and thrive on new challenges • Excellent communication skills including verbal, written, and presentation • A high level of motivation and a self-starting attitude • A willingness to travel on short notice to meet client needs
• The ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment • The ability to develop relationships and rapidly build credibility and trust • Demonstrated record of driving revenue within existing accounts and in developing new prospects at the "C" level of large organizations What we look for
We're interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and in the development of our FAAS FO practice in Vancouver. What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around • Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career • The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Make your mark. Apply now. EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance