Job Description Summary
Do you thrive while working on a team dedicated to achieving a strategic purpose? STEMCELL is looking for a Senior Manager for International Marketing (SrM,IM), who will be leading a diverse team of individual contributors and people leaders to develop, execute and support marketing tactics and campaigns related to their respective geographic regions.
As the SrM,IM, you will provide leadership, mentorship, support and training to your team, and work closely with other division leaders to ensure operational alignment and support the business needs and goals of diverse geographical regions.
You will also identify opportunities for collaboration, foster creativity, support employee career development, act as custodian of International Marketing team culture, and ensure alignment of team activities with global product and corporate strategy. If this sounds like your dream role in leading a globally-minded team, we would love to hear from you!Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Provide functional guidance for the development and execution of international marketing strategies, while ensuring alignment with corporate and departmental priorities through collaboration with Marketing, BOP, Sales, RND, Scientific Support, Operations, Customer Service, and other stakeholders as appropriate
- Maintain oversight of a strategic and tactical marketing plan in order to identify and champion opportunities for alignment and collaboration, ensuring consideration of regional market needs and marketing channel opportunities
- Collaborate cross-functionally to identify and act on opportunities that maximize Marketing's contribution to business performance
- Maintain accountability for the performance of Scientific Marketing activities in regional markets and their alignment to corporate priorities
- Represent International and/or Scientific Marketing on cross-departmental projects, drive process improvement and continuous learning initiatives that involve the marketing function
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree with >10 years of relevant experience or master's or PhD with >6 years of experience - MBA in Marketing is an asset
- Experience in regional marketing, including familiarity with regional marketing channels (e.g. WeChat) and approaches
- Experience in a leadership role with a demonstrated ability to motivate and develop employees while managing group output in the context of corporate priorities is required
- Strong organizational and project management skills, including flexibility to respond to changing priorities - History of both providing and receiving/applying feedback and continuous growth mindset.
- Knowledge of data analysis methodologies including appropriate controls and basic statistics and the ability to apply these to analyzing marketing results
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative, and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and meaningful career development opportunities.
STEMCELL is well recognized for exceptional leadership and business practices. We are one of Canada's Best Managed Companies and operate an ISO 14001-certified environmental management system to measure and reduce our environmental impact.
As an equal opportunity employer, STEMCELL is dedicated to ensuring that every employee feels safe, valued, and respected for who they are. We know that scientific progress and innovation occur when diverse, creative minds come together and we are committed to nurturing a culture of inclusivity and belonging. STEMCELL enforces a zero-tolerance policy for any form of discrimination. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
NOTE: STEMCELL's vaccination policy requires that all candidates for this role be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including with boosters) against COVID-19, as currently recommended or required by local health authorities and public health orders.
To apply, please select the "Apply" button below. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account, which is required to apply.