11128 Primary Location:
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada All Available Locations:
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
Build your leadership skills at Deloitte University.
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems Are you looking for a new position in a fast growing and challenging environment? Are you a professional interested in combining sales tax compliance solutions with innovative technology? Look at the opportunity below.What will your typical day look like?
About the team
- Planning and leading indirect tax compliance / outsourcing engagements for clients in a variety of industries
- Maintaining and developing strong client relationships on Canadian indirect tax compliance engagements and be seen as a trusted business advisor
- Proactively take relevant and valuable indirect tax opportunities to our clients and grow the practice
- Perform a quality level technical review and approval of indirect tax returns on engagements
- Identifying opportunities to improve operational efficiency and streamline work flow
- Coordinating with in-house tax consulting teams within Deloitte and with the Client's tax department
- Assisting with drafting and presenting new proposals to new and existing clients
- Providing leadership, counseling, and career guidance for the development and motivation of the engagement team
As an Indirect Tax Senior Manager within the Canadian Indirect Tax Compliance group, you will be a valuable member on tax outsourcing engagements and provide Canadian indirect tax compliance services to a diverse client base in various industry sectors. You will continue to grow your technical knowledge in Canadian Indirect taxation by working on large, complex Indirect Tax compliance projects, have access to exceptional resources, and continue to develop your supervisory/leadership skills.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in the area of Canadian indirect tax
- Experienced with project problem diagnosis, solution development, Client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing Client expectations, project profitability and team leadership
- Execute a Client service plan on complex engagements and work closely with the Partners in exceeding our Clients' expectations while identifying and mitigating business risks associated with projects
- Proven ability to deliver the full cycle of project management accountabilities
- Ability to anticipate the long term impact of all decisions and take a broad approach to problem solving
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having a diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Manufacturing and Production