Position Summary SENIOR MANAGER, FINANCIAL ANALYSIS & REPORTING Experienced Leader in Business Planning & Financial Reporting Job ID: 3997 REGULAR/FULL-TIME Location: BURNABY, BC To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada. THE ORGANIZATION
- Join one of BC's Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Our mission
is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
The Financial Analysis and Government Relations team at BC Housing is responsible for providing the necessary financial analysis and reporting required by the Ministry responsible for Housing, the Provincial Government and Federal Government.
Reporting to the Director, Financial Analysis & Government Relations, the Senior Manager, Financial Analysis & Reporting requires senior leadership experience in a large public sector organization such as a Government Ministry, Crown agency or Municipality
and is responsible for:
- Managing the financial analysis and strategic business case development to support the annual provincial budget process, business case submissions to Treasury Board and Cabinet, and
- Managing activities related to the strategic financial reporting functions required of the Commission.
This role develops and maintains a broad network of strategic, financial and business leadership relationships to communicate and collaborate on project objectives and progress and promote successful delivery of the priorities and goals of the Commission. The position also serves as a strategic financial liaison into the Ministry responsible for Housing, provincial central agencies, and agencies of the federal government
such as the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC).
The position utilizes the core financial structure of the Finance IT system
(i.e. JD Edwards EnterpriseOne (JDE1)), develops and manages models, programs and reporting tools to support business and corporate reporting requirements,
and designs and develops financial reports and expenditure management
processes to provide business-critical information for decision making. CANDIDATE PROFILE: The successful candidate will have the following:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Required Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, commerce, finance, accounting, or public administration (required)
- CPA, CFA or MBA required.
- Considerable management experience (8+ years) in a public sector organization such as a Government Ministry, Crown agency or Municipality, providing leadership and direction in the areas of financial analysis and reporting, risk management, business case development, corporate governance or policy/program development.
- 5+ years managing and leading successful teams in a Manager or Senior Manager role.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the Employer.
- Significant knowledge of provincial government priorities and operating environment, government decision-making processes and financial management practices, including experience with central agency submissions and reporting processes.
- Extensive knowledge of:
- financial analysis models and reporting frameworks,
- strategic business case development
Financial Experience & Knowledge
- Ability to exercise a high degree of judgement and leadership in situations of uncertainty associated with financial management, business transformation and shifting roles and responsibilities.
Team Leadership and Development
- Ability to plan and manage financial reporting and business case development processes in accordance with Commission and stakeholder requirements. Ability to distil complex information and effectively communicate strategic considerations and implications for executive audiences.
- Ability to provide leadership in conducting research, preparing financial analyses, analyzing complex financial matters and providing options to improve the Commission's financial position.
- Ability to assess the business and financial implications of new projects and programs, including potential risks and risk-mitigation strategies, and opportunities to develop strategies and options to facilitate the accomplishment of objectives.
- Ability to exercise a high degree of judgement, tact and diplomacy in the communication of information that could have a significant impact on the image and credibility of the organization.
- Ability to learn and understand the Commission's programs and relevant legislation, and mission-critical corporate enterprise applications such as JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, WebFOCUS, and the Central Property System (CPS).
Relationship with Internal & External Stakeholders
- Ability to lead, coach and motivate staff in a fast-paced team setting.
- Ability to provide leadership and technical advice to professional staff including determining work priorities and coordinating work activities.
- Ability to excercise judgement, discretion, and provide direction to Managers and staff.
- Ability to establish a high level of rapport with the Executive, senior management, government, housing partners and other stakeholders to accomplish objectives.
- Effective consensus building, problem solving, project management, change management and conflict resolution skills.
- Effective leadership, communication, writing, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong research, analytical, problem solving and conceptual thinking skills
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they've helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they're here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees' current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
Banking, Finance and Insurance Management and Executive