Position Summary SENIOR MANAGER, FINANCIAL ANALYSIS & REPORTING Job ID: 3825 REGULAR/FULL-TIME Location: BURNABY, BC To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada. THE ORGANIZATION
- Join one of BC's Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people. Our mission
is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they've helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they're here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees' current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status ** SENIOR MANAGER, FINANCIAL ANALYSIS & REPORTING: POSITION SUMMARY
Reporting to the Director, Financial Analysis & Government Relations, the Senior Manager, Financial Analysis & Reporting is responsible for managing the financial analysis and business case development for the provincial annual budget process, Treasury Board submissions and Cabinet submissions and for managing activities related to all the strategic financial reporting functions required of the Commission. He/she/they develops and maintains a broad network of strategic, financial and business leadership relationships to communicate/collaborate on project objectives and progress and promote successful delivery of the priorities and goals of the Commission. The position also serves as a strategic financial liaison into the Ministry responsible for Housing, and both provincial and federal central agencies. The position oversees the core financial structure of the Finance system (i.e. JD Edwards EnterpriseOne (JDE1)), develops and manages models, programs and reporting tools to support business and corporate reporting requirements, and designs and develops financial reports and expenditure management processes to provide current, important and relevant information for decision making. CANDIDATE PROFILE The successful candidate will have the following:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, accounting or public administration and a Chartered Professional Accountant designation.
- Considerable management experience providing leadership and direction in the budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis functions for large computerized accounting and financial operations in the public sector organization. Considerable experience developing business cases, including policy/program development, procedures and corporate practice.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the Employer.
Significant knowledge of provincial government priorities and operating environment, government decision-making processes and financial management practices, including experience with central agency reporting, submissions, and approvals
- Extensive knowledge of budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis models and frameworks.
- Extensive knowledge of financial, accounting and reporting systems, processes and controls.
- Ability to learn and understand the Commission's programs and relevant legislation, and mission-critical corporate enterprise applications such as JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, WebFOCUS, and the Central Property System (CPS).
- Ability to plan and manage budgeting and forecasting processes and develop budgets and estimates in accordance with Commission and stakeholder requirements. Ability to distil complex information and effectively communicate strategic considerations and implications for executive audiences.
- Ability to provide leadership in conducting research, preparing financial analyses, analysing complex financial matters and providing options to improve the Commission's financial position.
- Ability to assess the business and financial ramifications, including potential risks and risk-mitigation strategies, of new programs and opportunities and develop strategies and options to facilitate the accomplishment of objectives.
- Ability to exercise a high degree of judgement, tact and diplomacy in the communication of information that could have a significant impact on the image and credibility of the organization.
- Ability to lead, coach and motivate staff in a fast-paced team setting.
- Ability to provide leadership and technical advice to professional staff including determining work priorities and coordinating work activities.
- Ability to exercise a high degree of judgement and leadership in situations of uncertainty associated with financial management, business transformation and shifting roles and responsibilities.
- Ability to establish a high level of rapport with the Executive, senior management, government, housing partners and other stakeholders to accomplish objectives.
- Effective consensus building, problem solving, project management, change management and conflict resolution skills.
- Effective leadership, communication, writing, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong research, analytical, problem solving and conceptual thinking skills