Senior Manager, External Communications and Government Relations
Location: Hybrid - Kamloops or Vancouver, BC, CA
Job Function: Communications and Social Purpose BCLC exists to generate win-wins for the greater good. For our people, our players, our province, and our planet. Lottery | Casino | Sports Being a social purpose company, we are not only able to better align our business decisions with our purpose, but more importantly, we are committing to doing our part in creating a better world. We generate win-wins by asking our employees, partners, and government stakeholders to continually evaluate the impacts of all activities and decisions on individuals, institutions, communities and the planet. Motivated and guided by our social purpose, everything we do must benefit the greater good.
We want you to be where you feel you can do your best work. This job can be hybrid from either one of our offices providing you reside in BC.
We have two beautiful offices in convenient locations:
2940 Virtual Way, Vancouver | 74 Seymour Street W, Kamloops
This is a Permanent, Full Time opportunity
Expected Salary Range: $119,163.00 - $148,955.00 - $186,193.00
Our typical hiring range will be +/- 10% of the midpoint shown above
Factors influencing this decision include qualifications and market conditions for the role The Company
For over three decades, BCLC has delivered exceptional gambling entertainment for British Columbians. We continue to revolutionize gambling entertainment through engaging experiences that build and benefit communities. We operate national and provincial lotteries in partnership with 3500 retail partners, provide the games, technology & oversight to 37 brick & mortar casinos, and operate a safe secure and 100% legal online gambling presence PlayNow.com. In our recently completed fiscal year, BCLC generated a record $1.636 billion in net income to the Province of B.C. to support First Nations, local host governments, health care, education and community programs across the province. The Team
The External Communications and Government Relations team is a high performing group of professionals working collaboratively with stakeholders from across our business and in government to keep on top of the external environment, generate positive media stories, mitigate potential issues and build understanding and relationships with our shareholder.
The team is part of a larger Communications team within the Social Purpose & Marketing Division. Joining this team means you'll be working with a group of talented professionals in Social Purpose, Community & Stakeholder Engagement, Communications & Government Relations, Marketing, CRM & Loyalty and Customer Support . As a Crown corporation that earns more than a billion dollars in annual revenue for B.C., BCLC's commitment to giving funds back to the province is an integral part of our business, but still only one piece of the picture for this social purpose organization. The Role
The Senior Manager, External Communications & Government Relations anticipates and takes appropriate action on emerging trends, issues and opportunities with a broad risk to BCLC and our stakeholders. Reporting to the Director, Communications and Government Relations, this role leads development and execution of our external communications, supports development and execution of the provincial government relations strategy and builds strategic relationships with provincial government stakeholders. This role collaborates with and provides advice to colleagues and senior leaders to effectively position us to meet our reputational and business goals. What you will accomplish
What will make you successful
- You will help build & maintain the strategy for engaging with our shareholder - the provincial government, building awareness of BCLC's initiatives so they understand and can support our strategy.
- You will forge strategic, trusting relationships with key government stakeholders including ministries and MLAs, as well as within BCLC. You will lead the development and implementation of external communications strategy including proactive communication and earned media to build public trust and confidence in BCLC.
- You will lead BCLC's media relations by providing advice on media strategy and identifying opportunities that will drive proactive coverage and be a spokesperson when required.
- You will lead issues management and develop strategies for identifying and addressing issues that may arise.
It would be awesome if you also had
- You have a keen eye for issues identification, able to assess the current and emerging environment and provide strategic advice on complex high-profile initiatives in government shareholder relations, strategic communications, issues management and media relations to enable us to meet our reputational and business goals
- You have an expert knowledge of media relations, marketing communications, issues management and engagement strategies
- You have a proven awareness of the provincial political landscape and government, media, and key influencer stakeholders
- You have a strategic mindset, able to connect the dots to see the bigger picture and coordinate multiple communications activities at one time
- You are an exceptional communicator, comfortable in front of senior leadership. You are a very good listener, diplomatic and exceptional with building trust with both internal and external stakeholders
What's in it for you
- Exerience as a spokesperson
- Demonstrated leadership experience
However you identify, or whatever your path in life, if you see something here that makes you excited to get to work every day, please apply. We hire people for skills, capabilities and potential, not just education and experience. We value Respect, Integrity and Community, and we provide an inclusive environment where everyone can feel like they belong . Our social purpose is much more than returning 100% of net income to the province in the form of healthcare & education programs, and community gaming grants. Check it out ! Did you know BCLC is an industry leader in player health & responsible gambling? Find out more ! We are trained in neurodivergent hiring. If you require accommodation so you can be at your best in the interview, please let us know: email@example.com . All candidates must be at least 19 years of age and legally eligible to work in Canada
- Defined benefit pension plan which provides a recurring income you can depend on for life throughout retirement
- We pride ourselves on our work-life integration and our 37.5 hour work week.
- Professional development including education/certification sponsorship, in house leadership cohorts, LinkedIn Learning
- See all our rewards here
Government Sales and Marketing