At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are temporarily working from home. Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Reporting to the Director, Community Partnerships, this position will be responsible for building new, meaningful relationships and innovative long-term partnerships with communities in western Canada, including Indigenous communities, in the interest of expanding network services, growing digital capability and enhancing brand awareness.
The ideal candidate is passionate about regional British Columbia and will use their strong communication and engagement skills to gather local insights, work collaboratively with communities to address gaps in connectivity and services and secure support for various programs and initiatives. Internally, this position will work closely with the regional GR, network, real estate, sales, marketing and communications teams to shape to inform and tailor programs to be successful in region.
Candidates based in regional British Columbia that have a strong understanding of working with Indigenous and rural communities are strongly encouraged to apply. What you will do:
What we are looking for:
- Contribute to the development of a regional engagement strategy.
- Proactively identify and builds relationships with regional and Indigenous communities including local and provincial officials, Indigenous leaders, media, key community and business stakeholders as well as community groups and associations.
- Provide research and develop insights on unique local market attributes, competitive market intelligence and 'grassroots' tactics that will inform local BU strategies, marketing and sales.
- Work collaboratively with external and internal stakeholders to secure innovative partnerships in new communities to achieve service expansion outcomes.
- Build support with local leaders for both project-specific and long-term relationship agreements to help facilitate roll-out.
- Partners with the communications and public relations team to document positive stories and promote the brand in new communities.
- Work with regional executive team to identify future local sponsorships and CSR opportunities.
- Champion and campaign for Rogers in new municipalities, Electoral Areas and Indigenous communities; speaks at public meetings, hosts booths, etc.
- Maintain an awareness of national, regional and local community issues and opportunities that may affect Rogers' operations and growth plans.
- Extensive stakeholder management experience developing and executing community engagement activities using a range of strategies, techniques and tools.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and written communication skills.
- An ability to gain influence and collaborate with a diversity of external and internal stakeholders.
- An ability to manage conflict and negotiation and handle sensitive situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Experience working with local government and Indigenous communities and an understanding of relevant policy, legislation, rights and title.
- Self-starter, able to maintain motivation and achieve deadlines and targets working remotely with minimal supervision.
- An understanding of telecommunications technology, government procurement and funding programs as well as the Rogers ecosystem of products and services would be advantageous.
- Valid Drivers licence, ability to travel and flexible work schedule to accommodate after hours events/meetings with significant travel by car will be required (travel requirements will conform with any provincial/federal public health orders).
Full time Shift:
Day Length of Contract:
Not Applicable (Regular Position) Work Location:
1600 - 4710 Kingsway (016), Burnaby, BC Travel Requirements:
Up to 50% Posting Category/Function:
Communications & Community Relations Requisition ID:
215722 Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes: Corporate Job Segment:
Telecom, Telecommunications, Manager, Marketing Manager, Technology, Management, Marketing, Research
Find similar jobs:
Sales and Marketing