At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
As a lead member you will work closely with KPMG Partners on tax planning initiatives and requirements. Your organizational skills will enable you to direct the work of junior staff, including reviewing their work for accuracy and completeness. Additionally, you will research and prepare tax-planning strategies for our clients and take the lead on the preparation of tax returns. The ideal candidate enjoys the spotlight and sets the standard for junior staff, by providing ongoing support and opportunities for professional development. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Leading client engagements
- Working closely with a Partner as a senior team member on tax planning work for clients
- Planning and organizing teams for the preparation of tax returns and conducting and presenting tax research
- Reviewing the work of junior staff for accuracy and completeness.
- Become part of the tax engagement team in servicing the planning and compliance needs of clients
- Providing ongoing support and mentoring for the professional development of staff
- Work with other office members in attracting new work to the firm
Keys to your success:
- 7 years' experience in a public accounting firm, at least 5 years in a dedicated Tax role
- Professional Accounting Designation
- Completed, or nearly completed the CPA In-Depth Tax Course
- Excellent people management skills
- Highly motivated individual with a desire for growth
- Excellent client service skills with the ability to understand the clients business
- Dedication and motivation to achieve high standards of client service and professionalism in the performance of duties
- Emphasizes on quality and adds value in their client offerings and services
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Effectively manages conflicting demands and priorities
- Gives others the opportunity to take on new tasks and responsibilities
- Able to instill enthusiasm in others to achieve desired results
- Able to provide persuasive and self-assured responses to challenging questions
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here .
#LI- JS22 Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.