Job Description Summary
STEMCELL Technologies is looking for a Senior Manager, Building Systems to join our dynamic team to play a vital role working with state of the art equipment and building systems of one of the Best Managed companies in Canada.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing building infrastructure work (research labs, manufacturing facilities and office buildings) at our three locations in the Lower Mainland (two in Vancouver and one in Burnaby), including supporting the execution of planned shutdowns. This position will provide leadership to a team of building systems specialists, associates and assistants, where required, to meet the objectives of their assigned responsibilities.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Manage the maintenance program activities of all our locations in the lower mainland, including but not limited to: inspecting, monitoring and maintaining the facility according to the maintenance program specifications
- Collaborate with user groups and Quality Control/Assurance teams to ensure facility programs are aligned with STEMCELL's standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Coordinate and/or execute planned & scheduled maintenance with user groups and contractors, including working during non-business hours when required to minimize operation downtime
- Lead, direct and review the work of team members through providing active coaching, mentorship and conducting regular performance reviews of team members to improve performance
- Bachelor's degree or Technologist Diploma
- Certified Engineering Technologist, Facility Management Certification, Power Engineering and/or CMRP designation is a plus
- 10+ years of experience in a similar/comparable role or in an industrial environment plus 5+ years of experience leading a team and focusing on coaching/mentoring, performance management, succession planning
- Technical Knowledge (equipment performance & maintenance requirements) and Reliability & Work Control Knowledge (Planning/Scheduling & Reliability Principles)
- Asset Management (ISO55001) and cGMP/GLP knowledge (ISO13485) & Quality Management (ISO9001) an asset
#United #LI-Onsite #LI-AC1
STEMCELL Technologies is a privately owned, Vancouver-based biotechnology company that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Driven by our love of science and passion for quality, we are a company of Scientists Helping Scientists-standing by our customers to provide the outstanding products, technical support, and training they need to advance their research. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine, and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, accessory products, and services. Through our many regional offices, as well as our distribution centers in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble, and Singapore, we deliver our innovative, specialized products to more than 100 countries. With over 2300 employees globally, most with scientific or engineering degrees, STEMCELL is proud to be the largest biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative, and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and meaningful career development opportunities.
STEMCELL is well recognized for exceptional leadership and business practices. We are one of Canada's Best Managed Companies and operate an ISO 14001-certified environmental management system to measure and reduce our environmental impact.
As an equal opportunity employer, STEMCELL is dedicated to ensuring that every employee feels safe, valued, and respected for who they are. We know that scientific progress and innovation occur when diverse, creative minds come together and we are committed to nurturing a culture of inclusivity and belonging. STEMCELL enforces a zero-tolerance policy for any form of discrimination. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
The annual base salary for this job ranges from:
$115,120.00 - $172,700.00
STEMCELL determines an individual's pay within the range based on multiple factors including experience, education, job-related skills, and equity within the team or organization. For jobs that are eligible for sales incentives, the range noted above is inclusive of target incentives; actual incentives are based on individual performance results in accordance with company policy. In addition to base salary, STEMCELL offers a comprehensive total rewards package including health benefits, retirement savings, and more.
NOTE: STEMCELL'svaccination policy requires that all candidates for this role be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including boosters), as currently recommended or required by local health authorities and public health orders, unless an exemption from this policy is approved through our accommodation request process.
To apply, please select the "Apply" button below. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account, which is required to apply.
Operations and Logistics