Permanent Reference code
:108202 Primary Location:
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada All Available Locations:
Vancouver, BC Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Are you looking for a new career opportunity in an exciting and growing assurance team? Do you like working in a fast paced and challenging environment? Look at the position below!What will your typical day look like?
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
• Think critically to solve technical issues and demonstrate Deloitte's value to our clients
• Prepare and/or review complex accounting memorandums under IFRS, ASPE and U.S. GAAP
• Participate in M&A and IPO transactions as a subject matter expert on accounting matters as they arise
• Develop staff skillsets related to technical knowledge, communication skills, leadership and project management
• Contribute to business development by leveraging your existing network, and making new connections
• Contribute to market and eminence initiatives, including development of new service offerings and marketing campaigns within the practice
• Develop materials for and participate in the delivery of presentations to clients and firm personnelAbout the team
Our Accounting & Reporting Advisory Team focuses on assisting our clients and internal Deloitte teams on researching, analyzing and developing technical accounting solutions, assisting companies with the adoption of new standards or GAAP frameworks, and supporting our clients with subject matter expertise through disruptive events such as acquisitions, divestitures, and IPO's. The Vancouver Assurance practice is rapidly expanding. Joining our team will incubate your career by developing and honing your technical accounting knowledge, expanding your internal and external networks and being a key member in the growth of our practiceEnough about us, let's talk about you
• Must have a CPA designation or equivalency and possess relevant work experience
• Must possess a sense of team; we work closely with our clients, to develop our staff, and we feel our sense of team brings out the best in us
• Must possess strong technical accounting skills and ability to research technical accounting guidance
• Possess a working knowledge of IFRS. Knowledge of U.S. GAAP and ASPE are assets, as are knowledge of Canadian and U.S. securities regulations, and internal control environments
• Capacity to think strategically and critically (options available, pros / cons or different options)
• Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life. Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance. You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be. Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader. Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Marketing Manager, Accounting, Developer, Project Manager, Equity, Marketing, Finance, Technology
Management and Executive