Permanent Primary Location:
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada All Available Locations:
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
Enjoy My Benefit Dollars - a flexible benefit to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being.
Grow your network and your knowledge by joining one of our many Employee Resource Groups.
Are you looking for a new career opportunity in an exciting and growing assurance team? Do you like working in a fast paced and challenging environment? Look at the position below!What will your typical day look like?
• Think critically to solve technical issues and demonstrate Deloitte's value to our clients
• Prepare and/or review complex accounting memorandums under IFRS, ASPE and U.S. GAAP
• Participate in M&A and IPO transactions as a subject matter expert on accounting matters as they arise
• Develop staff skillsets related to technical knowledge, communication skills, leadership and project management
• Contribute to business development by leveraging your existing network, and making new connections
• Contribute to market and eminence initiatives, including development of new service offerings and marketing campaigns within the practice
• Develop materials for and participate in the delivery of presentations to clients and firm personnelAbout the team
Our Accounting & Reporting Advisory Team focuses on assisting our clients and internal Deloitte teams on researching, analyzing and developing technical accounting solutions, assisting companies with the adoption of new standards or GAAP frameworks, and supporting our clients with subject matter expertise through disruptive events such as acquisitions, divestitures, and IPO's. The Vancouver Assurance practice is rapidly expanding. Joining our team will incubate your career by developing and honing your technical accounting knowledge, expanding your internal and external networks and being a key member in the growth of our practiceEnough about us, let's talk about you
• Must have a CPA designation or equivalency and possess relevant work experience
• Must possess a sense of team; we work closely with our clients, to develop our staff, and we feel our sense of team brings out the best in us
• Must possess strong technical accounting skills and ability to research technical accounting guidance
• Possess a working knowledge of IFRS. Knowledge of U.S. GAAP and ASPE are assets, as are knowledge of Canadian and U.S. securities regulations, and internal control environments
• Capacity to think strategically and critically (options available, pros / cons or different options)
• Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)Why Deloitte?
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan . We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 52 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Manufacturing and Production