Permanent Primary Location:
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada All Available Locations:
Vancouver Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Leverage the Deloitte CPA Advantage program, a comprehensive support program for CPA modules and the CFE.
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be. Interested in joining a team that will help you develop and hone your skills, expand your network and be a key member in the growth of a firm? Check out the opportunity below!What will your typical day look like?
You will review and contribute to the planning and execution of projects, contribute to business development, review client deliverables prepared by junior staff and develop staff skillsets related to Technical Knowledge, Communication skills, Leadership and Project Management, have opportunities may arise to serve clients and / or support local office teams around the country and / or internationally, contribute to market and eminence initiatives, including development of new service offerings and marketing campaigns within the practice, develop materials for and participate in the delivery of presentations to clients and firm personnel, and mentor and develop teams of advisory resources.About the team
Our Accounting Operations Assurance team focuses on enabling CFO's and their Finance teams for success. We focus on applying our deep knowledge of financial reporting requirements, controls and processes to the operational aspects of Finance - "How" Finance does what it needs to do and where it can enhance the value it brings to the organization. Our core services include Finance Operating Model Optimization, CFO / Finance Effectiveness Workshops, Finance Healthchecks / Diagnostics, Finance Process Mapping / Redesign, and "Fix Finance" projects (designed to remediate or upgrade finance processes, controls, documentation, systems and tools).Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
Our shared values
- CPA, CA designation and minimum 10 years of work experience
- Experience in a finance role/in providing assurance, consulting & advisory services to finance functions
- Strong technical skills & experience with accounting processes, internal controls, risk assessments, IFRS, ASPE, Public Sector Accounting Standards.
- Expertise in financial management disciplines such as financial process design, budgeting and planning, financial reporting, financial performance management and business case development
- Additional expertise in one or more of the following areas considered an asset: Process Redesign, Business IT Strategy, Corporate Strategy, or Shared Services
- Capacity to think about requirements from a strategic perspective (options available, pros / cons or different options)
- Strong project management, facilitation and presentation skills
- Proven ability to deliver the full cycle of project management accountabilities(Prior experience in Data Analytics/Visualization (Tableau), Disruptive Events (i.e. Transactions, IPO readiness) and Mergers and Acquisitions
- Broad advisory skills
- Proven ability to deliver the full cycle of project management accountabilities (experienced with project problem diagnosis, solution development, clientcommunications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations and team leadership)
- Strong technical skills and experience with accounting processes, internal controls, risk assessments, IFRS, ASPE, Public Sector Accounting Standards
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
Apply by [insert date]
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Manufacturing and Production