Closing Date: January 31, 2023
Reporting to the Senior Specialist, Regulatory Approvals, the Senior Lead, Regulatory Approvals is responsible for directing and managing the Social, Environmental, and Regulatory Approvals (SERA) component of major projects. You will be independently leading complex projects from the development of strategic permitting plans, building solutions to emerging issues, to acquiring approvals for complex projects. There are multiple openings for this role.
To be successful, we are looking for someone with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, who is skilled at building and maintaining relationships in a dynamic environment. The ability to lead a team of consultants and direct reports, and collaborate with partners, including government officials, Indigenous groups, and communities of interest is critical. The successful candidate would be a motivated self-starter, have strong technical writing skills, and a solid understanding of how environmental disciplines relate to one another through impact assessment.
Join us in the breathtaking Elk Valley of British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips. Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone! Working a compressed work week with alternating Fridays off, come experience what work life balance is all about. Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Lead the preparation and delivery of applications, regulatory review, and engagement processes for major water quality mitigation or mine development projects
- Lead multi-disciplinary consulting teams with close collaboration with engineering teams
- Ensure that projects align with requirements set out in agreements with Indigenous groups, and with Teck's regional environmental and social programs
- Manage budgets, schedule, and scope of the SERA components of projects
- Collaborate with mine operations, project teams, and subject matter specialists to ensure full integration of SERA aspects within the project
- Provide briefings to the SERA Advisory Group and Project Board members
- Manage and mentor junior regulatory approvals staff
- Identify risks and opportunities, and recommend changes to the strategic direction for SERA processes and guidelines
About Teck Successful candidates must be willing to satisfy the pre-employment requirements of a pre-employment drug screen and three professional references.
- Environmental Science or Engineering degree or diploma in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum eight years of demonstrated ability in leading regulatory approvals in the natural resource sector, preferably in mining
- Solid understanding of provincial and federal regulatory approvals practices, legislation, and regulations, especially within B.C., is considered an asset
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.Job Segment:
Coal Mining, Law, Sustainability, Environmental Science, Mining, Legal, Energy, Science
Construction, Mining and Trades