October 24, 2021
Reporting to the Manager, Fording River Extension (FRX) Project, the Senior Lead, Regulatory Approvals, FRX Project (Temporary 12-Months) is responsible for leading the Social, Environmental, and Regulatory Approvals (SERA) component of our Castle Project. At its core, this position is responsible for driving provincial and federal coordinated Environmental Assessment (EA) and permitting processes to acquire all necessary regulatory approvals, to enable the construction and operation of an expansion at one of our existing coal operations. This is a temporary position, with the potential opportunity for extension in the future.
To be successful in this role, we require someone with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, who is skilled at building and maintaining relationships as you will be working with many stakeholders, including government officials, Indigenous groups and non-indigenous communities of interest. We are looking for someone who has strong technical writing skills, is a motivated self-starter, and can collaborate well with a team in a dynamic environment.
You will have the opportunity to drive our next major project approval vital to Teck's ongoing success. This is a chance to work on an exciting and dynamic project, collaborating with departments across our operations, and become an authority on a new provincial and federal regulatory process. This is a high visibility project and would be an important career achievement for anyone.
Join us in the breathtaking Elk Valley of British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips. Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone! Come experience what work life balance is all about! Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Lead the development of integrated and high-quality EA and permit applications in a timely and efficient manner
- Develop and implement SERA strategies and plans for major development projects
- Lead multi-disciplinary team, including coordination and collaboration with engineering teams and internal and external specialists
- Handle budgets, schedule, and scope, while ensuring management and delivery of SERA components of projects are aligned
- Ensure that projects align with requirements set out in agreements in place with Indigenous groups, and with our regional environmental and social programs
- Identify risks and opportunities and contribute to recommendations for changes to the strategic direction for SERA processes
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with mine operations, project teams, and specialists to ensure full integration of SERA aspects within projects
- Degree or diploma in a related field such as engineering, environmental science, political science, law, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum seven years demonstrated ability leading the regulatory aspects of major projects in an industrial environment, subject to provincial and federal EA and permitting processes, preferably in BC or Alberta
- Excellent project management skills and experience in managing large multidisciplinary projects and consulting teams
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against infection by COVID-19. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a personal characteristic protected under applicable human rights legislation may request to be exempt from this requirement. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources. Job Segment:
Regulatory Affairs, Law, Temporary, Engineer, Consulting, Legal, Contract, Engineering, Technology
Banking, Finance and Insurance