As part of the Human Resources team, this role will provide support on daily Labour Relations matters, including offering expert advice and guidance in collective agreement contract interpretation, compliance and administration.
The Senior Labour Relations Advisor is accountable for providing leadership and subject matter expertise while ensuring the proactive and consistent management of issues with labour relations impact. You will utilize your experience with union/employee relations and grievance management, labour market research/impact analysis, collective bargaining and negotiations, contributing to the overall strategic design and implementation of work processes that enable operational groups to achieve their business outcomes.
- Act as a strategic resource and liaison with management and union bargaining representatives, including during grievance handling, negotiations and labour management meetings.
- Contribute to the pre-negotiation preparation research to assist with the development of collective bargaining proposals and strategy; actively participate throughout the collective bargaining process.
- Coordinate and implement collective bargaining settlements ensuring internal stakeholders are knowledgeable of changes.
- Play key role in the planning and development of new and changed labour relations policies and procedures aligned with strategic direction and business needs.
- Prepare and deliver various training presentations supporting the effective and appropriate administration of the collective agreement, including Incident Investigation, progressive discipline, etc.
- Ideally, 7+ years’ progressively more senior experience in a labour relations supporting either company or union priorities
- Successful completion of post-secondary education in Industrial Relations, Human Resources or related fields of study
- Experience interpreting complex bargaining agreements and solid understanding of current labour relations practices and legislation.
- Ability to provide high-quality service with a focus on strong business acumen and quality decision making and dispute resolution skills
- The reputation of proposing creative and innovative solutions to meet business needs
- Experience with employee relations issues, human rights, and performance management and labour practices
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to negotiate and persuade others combined with a history of building and maintaining strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly developed analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving skills and the ability to facilitate the resolution of issues.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Ability to mentor and engage others to ensure success in the workplace.
- Ability to use related equipment including HR information systems, word processing, spreadsheet, database and internet tools.
Very attractive and highly competitive compensation package. Please send your resume to the attention of Kristel Rundmann.