Do you thrive on autonomy and pushing the boundaries of what you can accomplish? Do you like to experiment with new ways to solve complex problems? At EP we encourage a culture of invention, empower our people to be remarkable and operate in a real-time learning environment. Who is Elastic Path?
Elastic Path develops the world's most sophisticated API-based enterprise commerce platform. The company's flagship product, Elastic Path Commerce, has helped the world's biggest brands generate $45 billion in over 170 countries. Customers from industries as diverse as travel, telecoms, publishing, software and retail enjoy the benefits of a flexible, open architecture that drives brand-defining customer experiences. All grown up, in all the right ways
Founded in 2000, Elastic Path is proud to have some very prominent enterprise customers and partners. We're agile, we're agifall, we're scrumban. We apply the right process at the right time to enable people to work without noise and break the rules when it makes sense to. The leadership team supports, mentors and removes blockers, with a mission to enable teams to do their job with confidence and autonomy. Our small executive team is open and approachable.
With breathtaking views from our headquarters in beautiful downtown Vancouver, our open office concept encourages conversation & collaboration, with lots of office space and hideaways to find a quiet place to work when you need it. Offering a flexible work environment that fits with your lifestyle, no one is more than just a Slack away. What to expect working for Elastic Path's Professional Services team?
What impact will you have?
- Work on the leading adaptable, enterprise-level, API-driven Commerce Engine
- Work on high profile solutions for world-class clients like Tesla, Virgin, TMobile, and Carnival Cruise Line
- Be part of a closely-knit team that pushes the boundaries of Java-based development
- Learn some new stuff, apply it to your work to solve interesting problems, repeat
- Mentor others and be mentored, grow your capabilities in a supportive environment
- Work with smart, capable people who share common goals, be part of a great team
- Stretch, fail, stretch, succeed… - it's all good!
- Enjoy what you do, every day
What experience do you need to be remarkable in this position?
- Your work matters - solve problems that customers want solutions to
- See your work drive unique commerce experiences for the world's leading brands
A bit about your approach
A bit about your skills
- You're smart and very talented and like working with smart and talented people
- You are patient and love mentoring those who aren't as experienced as you
- You have excellent communications skills and experience interfacing and communicating directly with clients
- You're a self-starter who embraces new challenges and helps solve complex problems
- You are ambitious, you aspire to grow your skills and crave feedback to help you
- You always, always make a positive difference to the teams and products you have worked on
- You invent when solutions don't exist, giving up is not an option, and when you fail, you fail fast
- You're open to modest amounts of travel
- A quirky sense of humour and a desire to make work fun will never go wrong here!
- 5-7 years of experience developing enterprise software products - locally deployed/SaaS/PaaS
- Razor sharp Java/J2EE skills
- Experience building and consuming REST services and an understanding of HATEOS
- Strong object oriented design skills and solid knowledge of basic and enterprise design patterns
- Ecommerce background, or experience working on enterprise-level solutions
- Strong debugging skills
- Dependency injection and Inversion of control
- Test-driven development (TDD) experience
- Experience working with Apache Camel
- Working knowledge of OSGI and/or Integration Patterns
- E-commerce background
At Elastic Path, we go the extra mile to provide you & your family with exceptional benefits including:
An Exciting Future
- $1,000 annual Health and/or Lifestyle spending account. Yes, you can use this for a ski pass, manicure, new laptop or a top up on family health expenses. Heck, you can even get a tattoo!
- RRSP matching
- Personal development fund & paid time off
- Transit pass
- Full MSP Coverage
- Health and Dental
- Long/Short term disability insurance
- Our kitchen offers coffee connoisseurs everything they need to brew an Americano, latte or fresh cappuccino
- Fresh fruit delivered weekly
- Onsite fitness facility, changerooms (including towel service!) and bike storage.
- Two lavish massage chairs. You must try these.
- An awesome view!
Committed to being the most innovative commerce technology company, Elastic Path helps the world's biggest brands generate billions in revenue using its powerful enterprise e-commerce platform. Our vision is to build the most flexible, open, and modern enterprise commerce software as recognized by analysts including Gartner, Forrester and IDC.
What does that mean for you? There has never been a more exciting time to join Elastic Path.
Be Open. Be Remarkable. Be the Customer. Be the Team. The values we live by. Apply Now!
Posted: November 14, 2017
Closes:December 1, 2017