What’s exciting about Elastic Path?
Committed to being the most innovative commerce technology company, Elastic path creates flexible, open products, enabling partners and customers to rapidly adapt in an increasingly complex and changing world.
Elastic Path customers are innovators who seek the ultimate in flexibility and business agility. We help these innovators generate billions in revenue with our patented ecommerce technologies. Elastic Path's flexible enterprise commerce software seamlessly brings omnichannel ecommerce directly into marketing clouds and experience management platforms — enabling a complete digital customer journey that maximizes engagement and drives higher revenue.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver, Elastic Path is an agile, open, espresso fueled environment offering the flexibility to learn and grow on the job.
Be Open. Be Remarkable. Be the Customer. Be the Team. The values we live by.
What can you expect as an Elastic Path Senior Java Developer?
We’re looking for someone who can analyze, design and implement complex ecommerce solutions. Candidates must be proficient with Java/J2EE, Spring (Framework, Security and MVC), Java Persistence API, Java application servers, Relational Databases, Apache Maven, and Git. You also love working in an Agile environment with small high energy teams, short iterations, lots of face-to-face collaboration and communication, pairing between developers and QAs, and frequent retrospectives. Lastly, your day wouldn’t be complete if you didn’t work closely with clients and their teams to provide real business value by leading the charge on solving complex technical requirements and integrating with third party services.
What experience do you need to Be Remarkable in this position?
- 5-7 years of experience developing enterprise software products – locally deployed/SaaS/PaaS
- Razor sharp Java/J2EE Skills in an Agile environment
- Experience with Server-side development and a Restful API layer
- Strong object oriented design skills and solid knowledge of basic and enterprise design patterns
- Excellent communications skills and experience interfacing and communicating directly with clients
- A self-starter who embraces new challenges and helps solve complex problem
- Open to a modest amount of travel
- Great sense of humor and a desire to make work fun!
Bonus points for…
- Test-driven development (TDD) experience
- Experience building and consuming REST services and an understanding of HATEOS
- Experience working with Apache Camel
- Working knowledge of OSGI and/or Integration Patterns
- E-commerce background
Why join Elastic Path and choose to Be the Team ?
Founded in 2000, Elastic Path is privately held and continues to grow dramatically. Today Elastic Path employs approximately 100 team members in Canada, the UK and the US. We’re a well-established yet growing company. You’ll have independence in your projects with the support of a team, professional development opportunities and the experience of working with teams from our clients, including fortune 500 companies. Plus…
- Transit pass
- MSP Coverage
- Health and Dental
- Long/Short term disability insurance
- Brand new downtown location with easy access to transit and endless food options
- Fitness, shower and bike storage facilities in the building as well as a rooftop patio
- Kitchen stocked with the latest appliances, snacks, and drinks
- Games room with massage chair, foosball table and arcade console
- An awesome view!
Think this role’s perfect for you?
Awesome, let’s talk. Send us your resume and any bragging rights and we’ll contact you if it looks like a fit.