Senior IT Internal Auditor (FT, Perm)
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Job Function: Finance Corporate Services and Internal Audit
BCLC's two offices are located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam Indian Band), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Peoples in Vancouver and the Tk'emlúps te Secwépemc territory, situated within the Secwépemc Nation in Kamloops. We honour and respect the people, the territory, and the land we are part of.
At BCLC, we play fair. We believe that playing fairly is a serious responsibility and an empowering opportunity. Our commitment to social, economic and environmental responsibility is central to all we do and captured in our slogan "Playing it Right". From our LEED Metro Vancouver office, to our responsible gambling program, GameSense, we are committed to ensuring that we always consider the impact of our business on the people and communities of BC. At BCLC, we play for BC. We employ-directly and indirectly-almost 26,000 people in gambling operations, related government agencies and charities as well as support services.
At BCLC, we make it fun to be an adult. For more than 30 years, we've entertained customers with a chance to dream and have fun, while delivering revenue to the Government of BC for the benefit of British Columbians. During this time, we've evolved from a lottery corporation to a full-spectrum gambling entertainment company responsible for conducting, managing and operating lottery, casino, community gaming (bingo) and eGaming in BC. We strive to create outstanding gambling experiences and to have our games evolve with the player's idea of excitement. For us, playing is not all about winning; it's about entertainment.Job Summary:
The Senior Information Technology (IT) Auditor assists in the execution of independent, objective assurance and consulting services to management and the Board to help ensure that the BCLC's IT internal controls and governance processes are adequate and functioning.
This position can be based out of our Kamloops or Vancouver locations. Key Accountabilities:
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Conducts technically complex advisory, operational, and compliance engagements designed to add value and to improve the internal operations of the BCLC. Such engagements may include risk-based assessments at entity level, general and IT system controls across the organization, etc. with minimal guidance.
- Builds comprehensive internal audit program for evaluation of controls and executes IT audits to assess the adequacy of internal controls, overall effectiveness of operations and compliance with policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Conducts detailed walkthrough with management, documents clear audit workpapers that articulate scope, objectives, procedures and conclusions of the work performed, and identifies control gaps and deficiencies.
- Provides accurate, timely verbal and written communication to management to discuss identified deficiencies, recommends best practices and suggestions for implementation of modifications to strengthen current control environment.
- Performs and/or oversees follow-up of audit recommendations with audited management to appraise the adequacy of the implemented action taken.
- Manages BCLC's cross-functional key corporate projects from a governance, risk and compliance perspective; utilizes audit frameworks and tools including data analytics to provide project status updates and related deliverables to Audit Manager.
- Supports and facilitates audit requests from regulators, external auditors, and business partners; coordinates with external audit regarding process documentation, testing procedures, audit requests, and audit findings to achieve audit efficiencies.
- Assists the leadership of the Internal Audit function with quarterly reporting to the Audit Committee and periodic status updates to executive business owners and members of management.
- Supports Annual Audit Planning by recommending IT audit projects for inclusion into the plan, identifying risks associated with IT infrastructure, operations, application and providing these inputs for audit considerations.
- Champions key strategic initiatives and enterprise-wide objectives; builds and facilitates strong relationships with all levels of the organization, while maintaining independence and objectivity.
- Provide non-IT advisory services and other ad hoc projects as and when required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors and/or Master's in Computing (preferred), Business or related major areas;
- CISA or CIA designation or actively pursuing;
- 4-6 years recent progressive IT auditing, project management or operation experience;
- Familiarity with the gaming entertainment environment and Information Technology controls is preferred;
- Experience in digital transformation project;
- Experience or awareness of COBIT, NIST, CSA, ISO 27k and similar frameworks
- Data analytical and reporting abilities using different tools (i.e., SQL, Power BI, SAS, Cognos, etc.) would be an asset;
- Big 4 public accounting firmsor equivalent experience would be an asset;
- PMP, Agile Project Management or similar certification would be an asset;
- Information Security experience such as CISSP, CISM, etc., or Information Technology such as ITIL or risk management experience would be an asset;
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Fundamental understanding of business process and internal control factors in a technology driven environment;
- Strong knowledge of internal controls, regulations, and related methodologies;
- Ability to maintain objectivity, confidentiality, and integrity;
- A self-motivated individual with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and flexible in day-to-day activities;
- Ability to work independently on multiple assignments while effectively supporting teamwork and achievement of team objective;
- Ability to interact professionally and work effectively with a variety of people from diverse backgrounds at various levels within and outside of the organization;
- Ability to adapt to changes (i.e., shifting priorities, demands and timelines) through effective time management and prioritization;
- Ability to interpret and translate ambiguous situations into a structured framework with clearly defined deliverables;
- Ability to effectively develop and deliver recommendations and presentations.
Ability to travel as required (less than 10%). Additional Information:
- Effective November 22, 2021, BCLC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by Health Canada). Full vaccination will be required before commencing employment with BCLC unless a legal exemption is obtained.
- To build a rich diverse workforce representing the communities which we serve, we welcome applications from people of all colours and cultures, persons with diverse abilities, and members of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community.
- BCLC values work life balance and offers remote work options for its employees.
- Relocation assistance is available for successful job candidates.
- If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance at any step of your application, please send an email with your request to email@example.com.
- For over more than a decade, we have been recognized as one of BC's Top Employers - and we are constantly seeking ways to improve our employee and player experience. To learn more about BCLC, please visit: www.corporate.bclc.com
This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and be 19 years of age to work at BCLC.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Maintenance and Technicians