At Plenty of Fish, our vision is to create the most dates for our users around the world.
We are one of the world's leading online dating platforms with millions of daily active members. We are a Vancouver-headquartered success story and now one of the top revenue-driving brands in the Match Group
(owner of Tinder, OkCupid, and Match.com, NASDAQ: MTCH.)
We're looking for an iOS development specialist who takes ownership of solving complex problems and strives for excellence in building complex yet delightful iOS apps.
So, what will you do?
- Work alongside other developers to help architect, build and iterate on major components and new product features for the Plenty of Fish iOS App used by millions of users around the globe every day
- Share your expertise to help solve complex problems at scale in a highly collaborative cross-functional environment
- Proactively identify areas for improvement, diagnose issues and collaborate with team members to resolve them
- Partner closely with Design, Product and Engineering management to continuously improve our iOS application
- Work in a data-driven environment implementing AB tests and working with analytical application data to help improve user experience
- Mentor other iOS developers and help them enhance their software development knowledge
You'll be a match for this role if you have..
- You'll have a BS Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and professional work experience
- 5+ years of professional development experience on iOS
- In-depth experience in building and shipping complex iOS applications using SWIFT, Objective C
- A strong understanding of object-oriented programming principles, design patterns, multi-threading, and networking
- In-depth knowledge of debugging, profiling and optimizing iOS Apps for performance
- You write clean, maintainable and testable code. You set and maintain high standards of code quality
- Experience of building apps consuming REST APIs
- You pay great attention to detail but never lose sight of the big picture and company objectives
- You can multitask, handling competing priorities and are comfortable with change
- You love to learn and are always up to date with changes to iOS, SDK and Ecosystem
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
Why Plenty of Fish?
We have remote options available
Generous vacation, flex days, professional development days and your birthday off
RRSP matching, and employee stock purchase plan
Professional development budget and unlimited access to Udemy from the day one
Match Group mentorship program
Maternity & parental leave top up and fertility preservation benefits
Extended health & dental benefits from day one
Corporate ClassPass membership and other wellness benefits
Be Proud - It's OUR sh*p. Own it! We see challenges as opportunities and take action.
Make Waves - We profoundly impact millions of peoples' lives, every day.
Dive Deep - We empathize with our members and use data to surface smart decisions.
Crew Together - We love what we do, have fun, and are free to be ourselves.
Want To Dive Deeper?
We’re committed to creating an equal and inclusive environment; we welcome all crew (and prospective crew) members regardless of race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, conviction unrelated to employment, or any other prohibited ground of discrimination recognized by applicable law. Plenty of Fish is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.