Senior/Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer: Harvey 1763
Our company provides professional, technical and strategic advisory services related to the world's built and natural environments in six key practice areas: Buildings, Earth & Environment, Energy, Industrial, Infrastructure, and Sustainability.
We are currently seeking a Senior/Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer (P. Eng.) to join their team. Reporting to the Group Manager / Discipline Manager in the Earth & Environmental Practice, the successful candidate will be joining a well-established and diverse engineering group poised for growth and challenging opportunities well into the future in British Columbia.
Principle Areas of Responsibility
He/she will be responsible for:
- Working closely with Senior Project Managers and Group leader to take responsibility for geotechnical engineering investigations, analytical work and design work for Geotechnical projects mainly in and around, but not limited to, the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley areas of BC.
- Preparation of proposal, budgets, and carrying out the project work, all under the direction of senior managers.
- Problem solving of complex geotechnical issues
- Dealing directly with clients and supporting Senior Project Managers in client relations
- Technical report writing.
- Field reviews during construction
- Attend staff and project meetings
The Skills, Knowledge and Abilities We Seek
- Must have completed a degree at an accredited institution in Civil/Geological Engineering registered as a P. Eng.
- Requires some experience working in a Seismic environment
- Ideally has some project management experience
- Must have more than 8 years of experience
- Must have MS Office skills
- Must have strong people skills, and ability to work with wide variety of staff and clients
- Must have strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to multi-task is critical
- Must be able to meet deadlines, well organized and able to work under pressure
- Any additional experience in the engineering, consulting or construction industry is an asset
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle
This is a fulltime position.
Salary is open depending on experience.
We offer a competitive compensation package including a dynamic flexible benefits package with Extended Health, Dental, Life, AD&D, Short Term Disability, LTD, an employer matched Group RRSP program, education reimbursement, and more.