Reporting to the Lead, Hybrid Infrastructure, the Senior Infrastructure Specialist will be a part of a virtual, distributed team responsible for all base systems infrastructure that underpins the Technology and Innovation initiatives of Teck Resources Limited ("Teck").
The Senior Infrastructure Specialist main focus will be both operational and project work supporting Teck's diverse and sophisticated on-premise and cloud environments!
Services supported by the distributed team include leading all non-client compute at scale, core infrastructure services, Server, Desktop Virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Be a senior point of technical escalation within the team
- Manage on-premise and cloud-based IaaS computing infrastructure
- Maintain and continually improve all core infrastructure services
- Security champion
- Be prepared to challenge and question existing standards and processes to identify inefficiencies and opportunities for improvement
- Manage and develop Teck's Active Directory and Azure Active Directory services according to industry and security standard process
- Automation first mentality; actively work to remove manual processes and build efficiencies
- Continually evaluate and challenge recommendations from the vendor and collaborators, and implement agreed improvements in the most transparent and low-impact method possible
- Write and maintain technical user documentation
- Automating deployment, management, and maintenance of a wide range of on-premise and cloud-based infrastructure
- Management, monitoring, troubleshooting and optimization of a Windows Server 2016+ and Linux enterprise server infrastructure
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Azure platform and experience with another cloud service provider - AWS or GCP
- Advanced scripting skills - Windows PowerShell, bash, python
- Public Key Infrastructure
- Advanced troubleshooting and root cause analysis using performance tools, often working with other team members or other support personnel and vendors
- Good interpersonal skills, effective communication, and ability to communicate effectively with all areas of the business
- Respond to and assisting in production operations in a 24/7 environment as part of an on-call rotation is a possibility
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrable experience
- 7+ years working in sophisticated enterprise server environments, specifically Windows Server 2016+ and Linux
- Microsoft Windows Server, Azure and O365 Certification (or equivalent) are desirable
- Familiarity with cloud-hosted services - Azure, AWS or GCP
- Deep knowledge of Active Directory and Azure Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, GPO, Azure RBAC and other services
- Agile methodologies knowledge - Kanban and Scrum is a bonus
- Passionate about innovative technologies and continual learning
- Ability to balance multiple contending priorities in a fast-paced, results-driven environment
- Authentication and Federation Services including SAML, SSO, OAuth, LDAP, RADIUS
- Remote Desktop and Access solution administration, including VMware Horizon, Citrix, PCoIP
- Infrastructure as Code and Configuration Management - Ansible, Terraform, ARM Templates
- Automation tooling - Morpheus, vRealize, Azure Automation, packer
- Observability and Monitoring tools - SCOM, Prometheus, DataDog desirable
- Understanding of VMware vSphere and storage solutions knowledge desirable
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information. Job Segment:
Cloud, Sustainability, System Administrator, Coal Mining, Technology, Energy, Mining