IT/IQ Tech Recruiters is seeking a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join our client in Victoria, BC.
Why work with our client?
- Competitive rates
- Centrally located
- Transit accessible
- Participates in the implementation of a secure cloud operations and services strategy
- Collaborates with IT teams on technical roadmap planning, development and implementation
- Develops and implements cloud governance, operational policies, standards or guidelines to align with industry frameworks and best practices
- Architects, analyses and recommends cloud controls, processes and procedures related to the use
of cloud products and services, and monitors for compliance
- Develops requirements for cloud products and services and drives selection, POC, implementation and deployment of cloud products and services
- Designs, develops and delivers new features and capabilities for cloud products and services
- Ensures that all deployed cloud products and services meet the availability, integrity, scalability and security requirements of the Technology Department
- Monitor the health of production cloud systems, investigates and resolves technical issues, and engages in continuous improvement initiatives and activities
- Orchestrates and automates cloud-related operations management tasks and processes
- Communicates and/or interacts with internal technical teams, external service providers and customers effectively and efficiently throughout the service delivery process
- Contributes to the development and implementation of project plans
- Provides technical leadership, mentoring and coaching to team members
- Proactively identifies risks and issues and proposes solutions to remove barriers
- Provides after-hours production support as required.
Top Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with Agile methodologies and DevOps practices
- Experience designing, developing and automating provisioning of resources in the cloud
- Experience in the design of self-healing and fault-tolerant services
- Experience with monitoring platforms such as CloudWatch, Azure Monitoring or Stackdrive Monitoring
- Experience with programming and scripting languages such as JSON, Java, Python or PowerShell
- Experience with Windows and LINUX
- A broad understanding of cloud architecture, security and networking
- Demonstrated ability to plan, execute and deliver project results
- Professional certification(s) in cloud computing, development or architecture is an asset.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Why work with us?
- Build a long-term relationship with an experienced recruitment expert
- Access to the ‘hidden’ job market – opportunities across Canada that aren’t posted on job boards
- Get a high-level understanding of market dynamics affecting your industry
- Gain insight into the culture of the company you’re applying for before submitting your profile
IT/IQ Tech Recruiters provides contract and permanent IT recruitment services to employers across Canada. We have a specialized approach to recruiting, segmenting our recruitment teams into specialty practice areas focusing on Development, PMO, Infrastructure and BI/CRM/ERP skill sets.
This approach enables our recruiters to become specialists; they know the market and work hard to understand each candidates’ capabilities, goals, career ambitions and quickly present them with the best possible opportunities. We are committed to helping candidates develop their careers and to helping our clients grow their business and complete important projects successfully.
We create opportunities for IT Professionals to empower business.