ABOUT THE COMPANY
New Beta Innovation Canada Limited (NBI-CA) is a preclinical stage life sciences organization in Burnaby, BC. Leveraging on our expertise in research and development, we are transforming drug discovery into clinical applications for unmet medical needs. We have ongoing collaborations with top universities worldwide on various research projects, with distinguished achievements in the areas of oncology, neurology, ischemic and hypoxic conditions.
Our state-of-the-art GMP manufacturing facilities and laboratories in Greater Vancouver are home to a growing team of professionals who are inspired to develop advanced life-saving hemoglobin-based therapeutics for the well-being of people.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Human Resources, the incumbent will perform a variety of HR activities with a focus on developing and delivering learning programs to support the business needs. As a senior member of the team, you will also provide coaching and guidance to more junior team members and work closely with the leadership team in rolling out HR programs and projects.
- Be the point of contact and go-to person providing services, support and coaching to employees and managers in all human resources areas including talent acquisition, performance management, training & development, policy and procedure, employee relations, total rewards
- Build a trusting and collaborative relationship with client groups by having strong business acumen and deep insight into the groups’ operation and business
- Work closely with, coach and advise managers on people-matters such as talent acquisition, performance management, conflict resolution, policies and procedures, and compensation and benefits
- Stay abreast with current people trends in order to develop, implement, and monitor HR initiatives, programs, and policies that support the attraction, retention, and engagement of employees
- Lead and coach other HR team members fostering a culture of continuous improvement
- Participate, collaborate, lead HR projects and activities including policies and procedures, performance review, salary surveys, job analysis, payroll, and benefits, HRIS
- Own and execute the training cycle from needs assessment, program development, program delivery, feedback and program enhancement to foster a culture of continuous learning with a focus on management and essential soft skills
- Design, develop and implement effective and creative learning solutions, using multiple tools and methodologies to meet learning objectives, including identifying suitable external training as needed
- Provide backup for payroll processing, benefits administration, and basic Health and Safety tasks when needed
- Perform other tasks as required
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in an HRBP/HR Generalist role
- Degree in Human Resources or relevant field
- Ability to employ adult learning principles throughout the instructional design and facilitation processes
- Strong knowledge and application of BC employment standards / HR legislation
- Willingness and ability to share your knowledge and experience with others
- Experience with HRIS and applicant tracking systems, preferably ADP
- Strong attention to detail
- Proactive, flexible, and adaptable to changing priorities, but to still able to maintain focus on overall objectives
- Demonstrated tact, good judgment, and discretion; maintain confidentiality of files, personal information, and other matters, as appropriate
- Possession of CPHR Designation or working towards completion
WHY JOIN NBI-CA?
The best reason is because of our wonderful people and great work environment. If you are looking for a career with meaning and purpose, it’s hard to beat working in life sciences. We provide comprehensive training and career development opportunities which support our employees’ growth with the company.
If you are interested in joining our team, we encourage you to APPLY today!
Biotechnology Human Resources Manufacturing and Production