Senior Heavy Civil Construction Estimator: Harvey 2024
The Senior Estimator is responsible for preparing and/or coordinating complete conceptual and final estimates on large complex heavy civil, and general contractor work. The position requires that the Senior Estimator completes total bid pricing, resolves technical matters during negotiation and contract execution, reviews estimate packages to ensure accuracy and completeness and uses knowledge to focus work. The Senior Estimator ultimately prepares cost estimates by analysing proposals and requirements.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Particular tasks and responsibilities include:
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, drawings, specifications, and related documents.
- Analyzes plans, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare bid estimates for projects, performs complete estimates on selected projects consisting of project site visit, quantity take-off, and pricing.
- Performs all aspects of bidding including, but not limited to, procuring new projects to bid, ordering proposals, project site investigation, materials and subcontractor solicitation, estimating labour and equipment costs, and creating bid proposals.
- Interfaces and communicates with all levels of management, clients and contacts
- Contacts and develops business relationships with subcontractors and suppliers for pricing within estimates.
- Prepares final estimate summaries, analyzing each section for scope, pricing, and completeness.
- Participates in estimate reviews with Senior Management.
- Supports Project Managers, providing contractor recommendations and change order reviews
- Completes post-bid analyses on jobs bid including tracking bidding success and percentages, and analyses fiscal period bid performance.
Education and Experience Required:
The Senior Estimator shall possess a minimum of 10 - 15+ years construction estimating experience including a variety of complex multi-disciplinary projects. A diploma or degree related to Engineering, Construction Management, Quantity Surveying and/or Estimating will be considered an asset.
The Senior Estimator shall possess the following skills:
- Organizational skills, time management and project management abilities.
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal for interface with clients and coworkers.
- Able to work in a team environment (Engineering, Purchasing, Estimating, Construction, etc.).
- Customer-focused in defining quality and establishing priorities.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment and successfully execute many tasks simultaneously, with the ability to work extra hours if needed to meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage time and deal with multiple issues, including shifting priorities and schedules.
- Effective computer skills: Microsoft Office Software and other Company and discipline specific software skills.
- Understanding of construction documents and the ability to ensure that they are complete.
- Knowledge of construction costs and budgets.
- Ability to plan and manage to a project schedule
- Well-developed technical knowledge of modern construction practices, techniques, and equipment.
- In-depth knowledge of construction materials and techniques
- The ability to make timely and rational decisions under pressure
Location of Employment:
The Senior Estimator will be based out of the companies Head Office in North Vancouver, British Columbia and work with each Business Unit across Canada. It should be expected that some travel may be required. Applicants must hold a valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence, Passport, and be legally permitted to work in Canada.
This is a fulltime position
Salary is open depending on experience
Excellent benefits package.