Senior General Construction Estimator: Harvey 2365
We are currently looking for an experienced and highly organized Senior General Construction Estimator, to join our team of leading construction professionals, in our Richmond B.C. Head Office.
Our company functions in both roles as a General Contractor, and Construction Managment, with over 30 successful years, in the renovation and new construction industry.
We specialize in Seismic Upgrades, Commercial, Recreational, Municipal, and Institutional projects for Vancouver Island, and the Lower Mainland.
Applicant Must Have:
- Completion of post-secondary education with a Professional degree / Certification in Construction or diploma of Buildings Technology.
- A minimum of 5 years plus of Estimating / Quantity Surveying experience, for concrete, framework, rough and finished carpentry, structures, and general conditions.
- Experience estimating projects $5 M - $50 M or larger.
- Excellent Organization and Communication Skills
- Computer skills related to On-Screen take-off, MC², MS Project, Excel, & Microsoft Office.
- Ability to estimate complete large construction a project from start to finish.
- Ability to set preliminary budgets for construction management projects, working through the various levels budgeting as the project design is completed, tracking changes, writing scopes of work for individual trades, and value engineering.
- Ability to take a lump sum fixed price project from start to finish. Includes project analysis, sub-trade procurement, forecast scheduling of work, site visits, and be in charge of a tender closing day.
- Ability to determine and develop unit rate costing for carpentry, concrete, formwork, and demolition/alteration work.
- Ability to estimate multiple projects at the same time when they overlap.
- Ability to identify problems/issues with constructability, look beyond the immediate problem to the wider implications and generates new solutions to complex problems.
- Able to use scheduling software for preliminary and advanced project scheduling.
- Enjoys working on a team and possesses leadership qualities.
- Must have your own vehicle, as milage will be paid. per kilmeter.
This is a fulltime position
Salary of $80,000 plus per year, depending on your current working experience
Benefits package is available
Construction, Mining and Trades