**This role is for someone living in Victoria, BC who wants to join our fast-growing engineering team but does not wish to relocate. We are looking to expand the Thinkific team beyond Vancouver, with hopes of making Victoria our first satellite location. Please only apply if you are open to starting as a remote worker from home then transitioning to a local co-working space or permanent office as the Victoria team grows.**Are you an experienced Full Stack Engineer looking for new challenges? Do you get excited about learning new technology and jumping in to mentor others? Does the idea of joining a rapidly growing tech company excite you? If this sounds like you, read on!
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer
, you will work closely with our engineering, product management and product design team to help translate business requirements and specifications into delivered platform features. You will work across our application stack to ensure business milestones are met while also investigating, assessing and fixing defects within the product. As a passionate Full Stack Engineer, you'll stay up to date with the latest trends and technologies in software in order to ensure that best practices for quality software development and testing methodologies are followed. You'll also be a source of mentorship and will help to support the growth and development of other team members.In this role, you will:
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Assist in effectively diagnosing and troubleshooting problems with the product
- Participate in our agile development process to design and implement features
- Participate in architectural design, review, and implementation of production-quality features
- Participate in effort and complexity estimation for new/proposed product features and tasks
- Lead medium-large feature projects from conception to completion, working with stakeholders to identify project risks and recommend mitigating solutions
- Mentor junior engineers and perform code reviews
- Conduct new technology research; bring fresh ideas and concepts to bear on product development
You might be the person we're looking for if you:
- Have 5+ years of experience working in a full stack development role
- Have experience with CSS processors such as PostCSS, Sass, or Less
- Showcase the ability to design and implement RESTful services
- Demonstrate hands-on experience working on web-based, MVC style software applications
- Believe that writing tests as a part of a feature is not just nice to have, but necessary
- Be knowledgeable using Git and related tools like GitHub, GitLab, etc
- Have experience with relational databases, SQL and engines like PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Have experience with web application architecture and web server technologies like Apache, Nginx, ISS, etc.
Bonus points if you:
- Are responsible and are willing to take on tasks and see them through to completion
- Read our How we build at Thinkific blog and are excited about how we work, Blue Sky Week and the challenges we are solving for our customers
- Have smart, strategic decision making abilities-you think problems through and make strategic choices with the best outcome
- Have advanced knowledge of modern server-side programming languages (Ruby, Python, Node, etc.)
- Are knowledgeable and experienced with modern web frameworks (Ruby on Rails, Django, ASP.NET MVC, etc.)
- Feel experienced and knowledgeable with relational and/or NoSQL databases
- Have advanced knowledge of and experience in data modeling
- Identify as having extensive knowledge and experience with cloud-based server infrastructures, particularly AWS
- Worked for a B2B or SaaS based startup previously
We're about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we're building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we've served over 40,000 course creators and more than 10 million students, and these numbers are growing each day! Why we think you'll like working with us:
- Read What to Expect when Applying at Thinkific to learn about our hiring process (and how we put candidates first!)
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can't wait to meet you!
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work-each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career-offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- We are lucky to have team members working remotely with us for over a year, so you'll walk into an established system where you're supported to be productive and successful
- We make sure you always feel included and have opportunities to build meaningful relationships with your team, whether that's trips to Vancouver to solidify those connections, meet and greet with new team members by video, taking a remote-first approach to meetings or ensuring you have lunch provided for our team-wide events!
- Contribute to Thinkific's award-winning culture-we're one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific-you'll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Work with the hardware you're most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Help you get the equipment you need to set-up a home office where you can do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work-we're proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Thinkific welcomes all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish and we welcome you!