SENIOR FINANCIAL PLANNING & ANALYSIS (FP&A) ANALYST
The Senior FP&A Analyst is a designated accountant with significant experience in the areas of financial analysis, planning and financial reporting for management decision making.
This position requires a broad understanding of Kal Tire\u2019s business processes, financial processes and systems. The Senior FP&A Analyst will work in conjunction with business leaders on projects, initiatives, monthly reporting and development of detailed annual plans.CORE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a deep understanding of major performance drivers and assist business decision makers to develop plans to meet financial goals and mitigate risks.
- Translates high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements at the appropriate level of detail
- Collaborate with all levels of Management to understand what information is required for business decision making.
- Summarize findings in a manner that clearly identifies key business performance issues, to facilitate efficient and effective management decision making.
- Develop and produce meaningful analysis that is actionable and responsive to the business needs.
- Prepare business cases and financial models, review all assumptions and evaluations and update where applicable.
- Annual reporting to include financial deck preparation, variance analysis, annual plan and forecast bridge
- Prepare monthly and quarterly management reporting; monthly to include forecasts, variance analytics and finance deck preparation
- Present information including: project analysis, monthly variance analysis and annual plan
- Present information and facilitate decision making at various levels within the organization to both financial and non-financial stakeholders.
- Help business partners meet objectives by delivering insightful and timely financial analysis
- Participates with various business units to improve, design or restructure business processes
- Maps business processes using industry standard tools such as process maps, flow charts, use cases, system flow diagrams, entity relationship diagrams, etc.
- Conducts system analysis and design
- Performs fit-gap assessment of solutions to business needs
- Supports the business stakeholders in the transition from current state to future state
Planning and Forecasting
- Participate in and lead budgeting and business planning process for select operational groups
- Work effectively with the Finance team and operational leaders to create financially viable plans
- Maintain an accurate and complete trail of supporting documentation
- Participate in the planning of and execution of business analysis activities
- Work with cross-functional teams on new projects and initiatives
- Provide mentorship to team members
- Assist others on the team as required
- Consult with and build strong, positive and influential relationships with the management team providing financial guidance and direction
- May participate in the recruiting, hiring and training of business analysis team members
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- 5-8 years of experience in financial accounting
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
- Experience with large projects in a complex environment
- Demonstrated ability to propose, document and present approaches and solutions
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel
- Working knowledge of Power BI, and ability to perform analysis on predefined data sets
- University degree in Finance, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- CPA designation is required
- Travel required at times.
- Experience with some of the following business functions: Accounting, Inventory Management Supply Chain, Product Life Cycle Management and Store Systems/Point of Sale.
- Supervisory experience or informal oversight of junior accountants
Banking, Finance and Insurance