Position at Absolute Software
The Senior Financial Analyst
is responsible for assisting in our global FP&A business-partnering function, including budgeting and forecasting; internal management reporting and analysis; and analyzing business results and key performance indicators. The role reports to our Director, Finance, and requires partnering with business counterparts (including senior level executives and other finance leaders). The success ful candidate must demonstrate a strong sense of urgency, as the role is relied upon to analyze financial results and perform forecasting in order to provide senior leaders and executives with the required information to make informed business decisions. This individual should be highly analytical and skilled at presenting complex information in a clear and organized manner, to be consumed effectively by the target audience. Key Responsibilities:
What You'll Need:
- Develop, analyze, and interpret financial and operating results and information; improve forecast accuracy and visibility.
- Manage the financial planning tool and serve as the key business partner and contributor to growth strategies, tactics, mid and long-range planning.
- Participate in the preparation and review of annual budgets and rolling 5-quarter forecasting for the purposes of providing visibility into the business and establishing financial guidance targets.
- Identify the Key Performance Indicators that measure the competitive, financial, and operational effectiveness of the Company.
- Manage the evolution and execution of financial updates for various stakeholders, including CEO, executive leaders and the Company's Board of Directors.
- Provide additional support and contributions to such company initiatives as new business and M&A opportunities.
- Perform expense and cashflow forecasting on a regular basis, as well as the process to compare forecasted numbers with actuals
- Perform ad-hoc projects and financial analysis and presentations for executive management and the Board of Directors.
- Special project support and ad hoc analysis.
- Help train and develop new team members.
Nice to Have:
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Intellectual curiosity
- Experience with complex financial modelling
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office suite, especially MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Accountability - take ownership of personal responsibilities, managing assigned tasks and projects from inception to completion
- Ability to learn quickly and understand complex business operations
- Ability to see the Big Picture
- A proactive approach with a constant desire for effecting improvement
- Commitment to quality and process with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
Why Work for Us?
- Experience with a public company reporting environment
- Experience with Netsuite, Adaptive Insights, and Tableau
- Experience with complex international operations in multicurrency environment
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in San Jose - CA, Boulder - CO, Ankeny -IA, Austin - TX, Reading - UK and Ho Chi Minh City - Vietnam, Absolute serves as the benchmark for Endpoint Resilience, ensuring connectivity, visibility and control, independent of the operating system - embedded in more than a billion endpoints, we empower devices to recover automatically from any state to a secure operational state without user intervention. Our unique value supports our aspirational journey - to become the World's Most Trusted Security Company. Nothing short of bold, and nothing less than achievable for this team. Whether it's our commitment to the cybersecurity industry, our customers, or to one another, we are relentless about protecting people's devices and the sensitive information found on them. And those common goals foster a work environment where collaboration, big ideas and world-class execution are rewarded with success through our mantra of One Team | One Number. At Absolute, we incorporate the ideals of Resilience in all we do to safeguard our customers' data and information, so they can focus on saving lives, fighting fraud, moving markets and protecting passengers, to name a few. Our innovation journey has blossomed from within, so we foster that mindset by investing in our employees - fueling our employee's creative expression, and resulting in our own cyber capabilities. Our momentum is palpable - Forbes noticed too and recognized Absolute as one of the top-10 cybersecurity companies to watch in 2019 and 2020. The New Reality of Remote Work and Distance Learning has further connected our teams and our passion to drive to solve our customers challenges. We pride ourselves on our agile, high energy culture that rewards exceptional achievements and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success. We also respect the need for downtime and believe in a sound work / life balance, reflected in our 'Take What You Need' vacation policy and our annual employee retreat where it's all about friends and family. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com
or visit our YouTube channel
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.
Administrative Banking, Finance and Insurance