Who They Are:
Our downtown Vancouver client is one of British Columbia’s leading boutique law firms in the areas of construction, commercial and matrimonial dispute resolution and they are looking for a full-time Senior Family Paralegal to join their team!
- Collaborating with clients and opposing counsel for the collection, review and production of documents;
- Drafting routine correspondence;
- Reviewing documents and coding for relevance and privilege;
- Preparing pleadings, including: Form 8 Financial Statements, Affidavits, Notice of Applications, List of Documents
- Reviewing and preparing transcript summaries;
- Assisting lawyers with all aspects of trial preparations.
- 5 + of litigation experience with a specialty in family;
- Successful completion of a post-secondary LAA and/or paralegal program or the real world equivalent;
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of BC Supreme Court Rules, court practices and procedures and filing deadlines;
- Thorough knowledge of Family Law rules;
- Exceptional time management, organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to work under pressure, complete tasks with speed and accuracy, the ability to multitask in response to changing situations, and the ability to manage multiple deadlines;
- Meticulous attention to detail and desire to provide quality work with a high level of accuracy;
- Excellent judgement;
- Ability to exercise discretion when dealing with confidential and sensitive matters;
- High client service orientation;
- Strong work ethic, and the ability to work independently, take initiative and be resourceful;
- The ability to work overtime if required;
- Experience in MS Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Experience with DivorceMate, PC Law, Eclipse;
Our client also offers a comprehensive group benefits and other perks within a fun and friendly environment.