Job Description: Senior Facilities Manager
Avigilon (TSX: AVO) provides trusted security solutions to the global market. Avigilon designs, develops, and manufactures video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions. Avigilon’s solutions have been installed at thousands of customer sites, including school campuses, transportation systems, healthcare centers, public venues, critical infrastructure, prisons, factories, casinos, airports, financial institutions, government facilities, and retailers.
This role is great for someone who has been in a senior facilities supervisor role or who is looking to make that next step up in facilities management! If you have a can-do attitude, you will succeed in this role! Responsibilities include:
- Strategic planning: people planning, capacity optimization, leasing, scalability, location etc.
- Oversee the implementation of physical security and access control at all assigned corporate facilities
- Ensure corporate health and safety and compliance is adhered to while researching any necessary updates and changes pursuant to OHS rule
- Accountable for space planning and allocation
- Negotiate and manage corporate leases
- Review, analyze, and respond to legal documents (contracts, leases, permits) and laws and regulations
- Coordinate with Avigilon’s Legal department to ensure agreements and permits adequately protect Avigilon from risk and meet the company’s operational requirements
- Control and manage assigned Facilities requirements in terms of permits and licenses (liaise with third party experts where required)
- Assist with the development of corporate facilities budget and manage expenditures accordingly
- Perform ROI analysis on asset acquisitions
- Develop and implement policies and procedures, including those for security, disaster recovery, facility standards
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of all written documentation, including protocols, system and user manuals, agreements and documentation of modifications and upgrades
- Oversee all people aspects of assigned Facilities and Office Services Team (staff reviews, hiring, terminations, development planning)
- Keep current with the latest facilities trends and technologies
- Offer proactive innovative solutions to exceed business expectations
Perks and Benefits:
- 8+ years of proven facilities experience
- Degree or diploma in a related discipline
- Experience building and leading teams
- Experience operating in a global organization
- Strong relationship building skills and a track record of building long-term relationships
- Experience negotiating and proven ability to work with third party vendors
- Some travel required
- Experience in a manufacturing environment an asset
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental, medical insurance while travelling, and the opportunity to participate in the Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP). You will also receive a health spending account to cover additional healthcare costs, such as vision care, RMT and chiropractor visits.
Perks at our Yaletown office include an outdoor basketball court and full service indoor gym, as well as excellent proximity to public transportation.