Are you passionate about understanding and supporting the employee experience? Do you want to apply your background in research and cognitive or behavioural psychology to help team members from across WorkSafeBC understand the perspectives, needs, and experiences of our employees and stakeholders? Our Experience, Marketing and Insights team is looking for a Senior Employee Experience Specialist to enable employee experience design that makes a difference to our people. In this role you will lead and execute initiatives that maximize market and behavioural research and leverage business knowledge to help us understand the needs and perceptions of employees. This strategic role is critical in creating positive internal employee experiences that will result in consistent outreach, programs and services that meet and exceed the needs of the workers and employers in our province.
Reporting to the Manager, Employee Experience, you will will work cross-functionally to identify opportunities to improve employee and stakeholder experiences, design new and improved experiences and evaluate the impact of those efforts while ensuring alignment to our strategic direction, brand, and Experience framework.
This is a hybrid position that will primarily work from home and occasionally attend our Richmond office.
Relocation assistance may be available. What you'll do As a Senior Employee Experience Specialist, you will:
Is this a good fit for you? We're looking for someone who can:
- Lead and manage employee experience initiatives, including identifying research needs, planning and implementing primary and secondary qualitative and quantitative research, evaluation of progress towards strategic objectives, presentation of research findings and recommendations, facilitate decision-making discussions and implement changes to improve employee and stakeholder experiences
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and provide leadership, expertise and recommendations to the development of the experience framework and experiences to drive business improvements and change
- Analyze and synthesize data, identify opportunities to tell compelling employee and stakeholder experience stories, and identify new opportunities to improve or create new experiences
- Anticipate employee and stakeholder needs and promote collaboration across departments and units
- Lead and facilitate discussions and evidence-based decision making regarding the impacts and implications of insights for Experience initiatives
- Manage and maintain budgets for projects, campaigns, and initiatives
- Lead external providers including contractors, consultants and agencies to ensure seamless and consistent delivery of projects, plans and campaigns
Your experience and educational background:
- Think and act strategically to identify creative and innovative approaches, ideas, and solutions, while also recognizing the importance of the details
- Design, conduct, and analyze market research data to derive key insights to inform experience strategies
- Deliver a client-focused, can-do, quality-service-oriented approach in providing service to internal and external clients
- Utilize an innovative, forward-thinking mindset and an agile approach to problem solving
- Present and convey information effectively and persuasively, both orally and in writing, to internal clients at all levels of the organization
- Use effective verbal and written communication skills and influence others to achieve objectives
- Build effective relationships while working in cross-functional teams
- A Master's Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Market Research, Psychology, Behavioural Science/Insights, Cognitive Science or another Social Science, or similarly related field
- A minimum of eight years of experience conducting market and/or UX research, of which four years being involved in (re-)designing experiences (ie. products, programs, services, systems, processes) based on research
An equivalent combination of education, training and work experience will be considered Application requirements:
Applications are welcomed immedidately, however must be received no later than 4:30 p.m. on the closing date of the competition.
If you require an accommodation in the assessment process, please email Recruitment Testing Accommodation (SM) at the time you submit your application. Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we're dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries and diseases occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers compensation system for today and future generations. We're honoured to serve the 2.4 million workers and 245,000 registered employers in our province.
WorkSafeBC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19. In implementing the policy, WorkSafeBC will consider its obligations to accommodate those staff who are unable to be vaccinated.
We recognize that our ability to make a difference relies on building a team with a rich variety of skills, knowledge, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences, and which reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best, authentic self. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply. What's it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It's challenging, stimulating and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for. Our benefits
Being part of WorkSafeBC means being part of a strong, committed team. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package includes vacation, optional leave arrangements, health care and dental benefits, and contributions toward your retirement pension. As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work - and life.
WorkSafeBC has adopted a hybrid model offering opportunities to work remotely and onsite based on the operational needs of the position.
Learn more about what we offer .
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada. Relocation assistance may be available.
Thank you, in advance, for applying.
Sales and Marketing