The Ballard Stack Hardware Engineering
team in Burnaby, BC is searching for a Senior Product Development Engineer
. The Senior Engineer will play a key role in profitably delivering innovative clean energy solutions to our customers by providing engineering guidance and support in developing fuel cell stacks. This position is focused on the development of Ballard's next-generation fuel stack products.Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of designs for structural hardware components in PEM fuel cell stacks based on requirements cascaded from product specifications
- Perform preliminary structural, thermal, fluid flow analysis and trade-off studies on fuel cell stack hardware components
- Participate in the entire product lifecycle from concept to production, including engineering design reviews
- Collaborate with members of Ballard's Modeling, Stack and Systems Engineering Groups to develop designs that meet unit cell and system requirements
- Work with Quality and Test Engineering departments to qualify new fuel cell hardware components.
- Provide guidance to junior engineers
- B.Sc degree in Mechanical or Materials Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in relevant industry
- Strong preference for experience in motive applications such as bus, train or automotive.
- Experience with high-volume part design (e.g. injection molding, casting, stamping, etc.).
- Demonstrated capability for critical thinking
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, strong oral and writing communication skills and good listening skills
- Ability to work in a multi-functional team environment.
- Familiarity with design tools such as DFMEA and RCL/RDM
- Comfortable with drawing standards, including GD&T
- 6 sigma or similar statistical knowledge
- Experience with automotive (IATF) or similar product development processes
- Experience with 8D problem solving (is/is-not, fishbone, Shanin, etc.)
Listen & Deliver | Quality. Always. | Inspire Excellence | Row Together | Own It
Ballard values diversity in the workplace and is committed to Employment Equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates