Closing Date: June 5, 2023
Reporting to the Chief Mineral Processing Engineer, the Senior Processing Engineer is responsible for supporting the operation and optimization in the Molybdenum Flotation and Leach Plant.
To be successful, we are looking for someone with excellent technical and interpersonal skills. The role requires a motivated self-starter, who can work collaboratively with Mill Operation, Maintenance and Continuous Improvement to achieve production targets safely and cost-effectively. The candidate will have strong analytical and problem-solving skills to perform data analysis, provide technical support, and develop and management improvement projects.
Join us in the Highland Valley and enjoy a variety of recreational opportunities such as hiking, skiing, fishing, and golf! The mine site is a 50-minute drive from Kamloops, BC which provides all the comforts of city living. It is also close to Merritt, Ashcroft and logan Lake, which all exude a small-town community atmosphere. Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader by adhering to safety and environmental rules and procedures, leading Safety Investigations and participating in Safety Tours
- Monitor plant performance and work closely with Mill Operations, Maintenance, Reliability, and other support groups to provide technical support
- Conduct metallurgical analysis and technical interpretation of data to provide improvement methods, recommend optimization opportunities, and demonstrate problem solving skills
- Identification, planning and execution of technical development projects
- Assist metallurgical colleagues, operations, and other plant team members in managing investigations, technical projects and/or identifying opportunities to exceed targets
- Draft capital Appropriation Requests (ARs) and Project Charters for projects predicted to advance targets for metal recovery, concentrate grade quality, reduced risk of injury or hazard or reduced cost of production
- Manage the work and safety compliance of outside engineering and consulting personnel for the duration of specific projects while they are on the HVC site
- Bachelor's degree in Mineral Processing, Metallurgical Engineering or Chemical Engineering or a related field
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in an operating copper or other base metal concentrator
- Demonstrated ability to work safely and lead by example
- Ability to build relationships across multi-disciplinary technical and operational teams and works as an effective team member to deliver business and project requirements
- Demonstrated ability to analyze problems, prioritize issues and develop timely and cost-effective solutions
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to multi-task and excel in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Integrity, time management and strong work ethic
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software
- Registered, or eligible to register, with Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia (EGBC) as a P. Eng.
- Must have a valid driver's license
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2021, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the 12th consecutive year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.Job Segment:
Coal Mining, Sustainability, Chemical Engineer, Process Engineer, Mining, Energy, Engineering
Construction, Mining and Trades