Closing Date: December 4, 2023
Are you a proficient teacher and collaborator with a solid understanding of drill and blast systems?
Reporting to the Manager Operations Improvement, the Senior Drill and Blast Engineer is responsible for optimization of operational processes and providing technical support to our drill and blast programs across our Coal business.
To be successful we are looking for someone with outstanding interpersonal, and communication skills, who has strong influencing and mentoring skills. Someone who is able to stay organized, prioritize contending demands, and has strong analytical and problem-solving skills. An individual who is a motivated self-starter, who can work well with a team, but can work at a high level with minimal direction.
In this role you will have the opportunity to engage with our operations across British Columbia and build relationships with all our drill and blast teams. You will have the opportunity to design fundamentals, including technical design, implementation, and monitoring for blasts in locations with varying levels of risk. With a solid understanding of day-to-day drill and blast field operations in surface mining you will have the ability to own your role and handle your day-to-day tasks efficiently.
Join us in the breathtaking Elk Valley of British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips. Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone! Come experience what work life balance is all about! Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental policies and procedures
- Support drill and blast operations, explosives suppliers, and engineering teams to increase operational safety, effectiveness, and efficiency of processes
- Plan, coordinate, and communicate all drill and blast system changes to all partners
- Ability to quickly analyze large amounts of drill and blast data to drive informed continuous improvement and/or reduce operational costs
- Audit and report on drill and blast bench practices to monitor and influence site performance
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with site personnel
- Participate in relevant incident reviews relating to drill and blast and engage technical specialists as required
- Work closely with explosives suppliers, Research and Development, software developers, and environmental groups in the optimization of explosives use and blasting practices that minimize post blast fumes, explosives losses to the environment, and optimize safe production
- Provide support to other business improvement initiatives across the operations
- A degree in Mining Engineering or a combination of education and work experience in the mining and drill and blast sector
- Registered, or eligible to register, with Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia (EGBC); Teck will support eligible employees with their EGBC registration
- Five to seven years' demonstrated ability working as a Mining Engineer in mining operations or seven years' in a Drill and Blast Technical role
- Strong digital literacy in mining related software
- Knowledge of querying SQL databases is recommended
Teck employees receive a competitive compensation package that includes, but is not limited to, base earnings plus the following benefits:
- Two Annual Bonus Plans
- Comprehensive Benefits Plan
- Retirement Package
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Health Lifestyle Account
Salary Range: $115,000 - $142,000
The actual base salary offered is determined based on the successful candidate's relevant experience, skills, and competencies and considers internal equity.About Teck Successful candidates must be willing to satisfy the pre-employment requirements of a pre-employment drug screen and three professional references.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.Job Segment:
Coal Mining, R&D Engineer, Engineer, R&D, Mining, Engineering, Research
Construction, Mining and Trades