Senior Engineer - AWS Orchestration Services
Reference ID: 582839
Have you ever wanted to work on a system that is used to explore other planets? How about a system that is the foundation for processing huge amounts of genomic data in our pursuit to better understand diseases, aging, and many other fundamental questions about who we are? These are just a couple of the many exciting ways that customers are using AWS Orchestration services. Our customers use the Amazon Simple Workflow Service (SWF) to build systems that solve the complex problem of managing state in a massively distributed system. With the newly launched AWS Step Functions service, they orchestrate the components of distributed and serverless applications using visual workflows. If you are passionate about the challenges of big scale, building cutting edge technologies, and making developing distributed applications easy and reliable then the AWS Orchestration team has a place for you.
We are looking for a senior engineer to drive feature development and the technical roadmap for SWF and AWS Step Functions. We are also working on new services yet to be launched. As a senior engineer, you will play a key role in writing significant portions of the code for our most complex features, defining the system architecture, and mentoring junior team members. If the opportunity to influence broadly while applying your technical skills directly is appealing to you, this role may be a good fit.
Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we Work Hard, Have Fun, and Make History. You'll be surrounded by people who are smart, passionate about serving customers, and excited to come to work.
Basic Qualifications - BS in Computer Science and 6+ years of experience
- Proven track record of leading delivery of large scale, distributed, high quality systems
- Deep hands-on technical expertise in: large scale Unix systems engineering, building and operating complex distributed systems
- Experience in an object oriented language such as Java, C#, or C++
- Understanding of web services technologies such as SOAP, HTTP, WSDL, XSD, and REST
- Strong understanding of system and application performance characteristics
Preferred Qualifications - MS or PhD in computer science or related technical field
- 10+ years of relevant, broad engineering experience
- Experience with workflow products: SWF, Step Functions, Luigi, Airflow, or even BPMN, BPEL
- Experience in Software As a Service
- Technical expertise in at least one major technical area of distributed systems, such as scale-out or fault-tolerance
- Experience leading development life cycle process and best practices
- Experience mentoring/training the engineering community on complex technical issues.
Posted: February 19, 2018
Closes:April 20, 2018