Senior Electrical Design Engineer (Power Electronics): Harvey 1722
Title: Senior Electrical Design Engineer (Power Electronics)
To conceptualize, design and develop high frequency switch mode power supplies using state-of-the-art and modern digital power conversion topologies to achieve high efficiency, high power density and performance and to meet budgeted cost, schedule, customer, marketing, quality, reliability, manufacturing and international product regulatory requirements.
- Develop high frequency switch mode pfc AC/DC, DC/AC and DC/DC power converters from concept to final products, using state-of-the-art and modern digital power conversion topologies to achieve high efficiency, high power density and high performance (pfc, ZVS, current sharing,
- As a member of the Research and Advanced Development team you will be able to evaluate the feasibility of new products and approve and provide direction on the modern topologies to be used in these new products
- Manage projects by monitoring and adjusting project scope, plan and cost in order to achieve successful project completion.
- Lead a research and advanced development team to develop new products and provide strong technical leadership to resolve complex technical challenges
- Design magnetic component of power converters, including transformers and inductors.
- Design control circuits of power converters, including under voltage projection, over voltage projection, over current projection and loop control.
- Model and simulate new circuits using simulations tools such as PCIM, PSpice, LTSpice, Simulink, Matlab
- Develops and executes design verification testing, design evaluation, design margins and analysis of product performance to meet electrical specifications at various environmental conditions.
- Performs design revisions and updates on new and existing products and assists in transferring design to manufacturing, ensuring reliable and cost-effective production.
- Perform circuit simulation using power electronics CAD simulation software packages as a tool to improve product performance.
- Performs verification and provides solutions to ensure that the designed product conforms to international regulatory and product safety standards.
- Designs test and troubleshoots towards electromagnetic interference, compatibility and immunity requirements.
- Provides technical support, mentoring and training of junior power electronic engineers and new team members.
- Create theory of operations for all new projects
- Negotiate and/or clarify market requirement document (MRD)
- Select components of power converters including embedded microcontrollers, MOSFETS, drivers, gate drive transformers, optical isolators and other components used in modern power conversion products
- Develop and/or check and approve product lifecycle documents such project charter, plan, concept design, product specification, schematics, PCB files, BOMS, design verification and validation test reports
- Ability to travel (occasional customer visits).
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering (Masters degree in modern power supply designs is preferred) or equivalent knowledge, training and experience.
- Minimum 10 years experience in product development in the area of switch mode power supply, DC/AC, DC/DC, and AC/DC converters
- Experience with power supply design requirements per international regulatory and product safety standards (European EN60950, UL1950, and CSA950).
- Good understanding of application software such as, Protel, PCAD, PADS, or equivalent PCB design software and Microsoft Office.
- Member of APEGBC – P.Eng preferred.
- Must have thermal design experience of power converters
- Experience with LLC resonant topologies preferred
- Must have well rounded knowledge power supplies including mechanical packaging, heatsink design, airflow, and high power density experience
- Good knowledge of PCB manufacturing process including assembly.
- Ability to lead project teams and also work as part of a team and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks.
- Familiarity with TI C2000 embedded controller preferred.
- Good knowledge of Signal conditioning, Sampling, Digital Signal Analysis.
This is a fulltime position with benefits. Salary is open depending on experience
Posted: November 18, 2017
Closes:January 17, 2018