Continuing the success and growth of our Canadian business, ERM i
s seeking a motivated and well-rounded Senior EHS Management Systems & Sustainability Consultant
to join our team in Vancouver, BC
or one of our other offices in Canada. ERM delivers a wide range of services related to EHS sustainability management, program development, management systems, due diligence transaction evaluations, training, and non-financial auditing and risk management. As a member of the team, you will develop strategies, programs, procedures and tools to support and improve our Clients' EHS & Sustainability programs.
The ideal candidate will have mining sustainability framework experience and bring a wealth of EHSC (Environment, Health, Safety and Community (social) technical capabilities and an understanding of business processes to help our mining clients proactively address their non-technical risks, challenges and opportunities. This is an excellent career opportunity for an experienced professional to work with an expert consulting team on challenging EHS & Sustainability management projects for large global clients. Access to ERM's international consulting experts provides knowledge sharing of best practices across industry sectors and provides ongoing learning opportunities.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement EHSC management programs for our mining clients to meet both internal and international sustainability programs / standards such as International Council of Mining and Metals (ICMM), Responsible Gold Mining, Conflict Free Metals, Towards Sustainable Mining, etc.
- Conduct in-field assessments and/or performance audits to company management systems and related international sustainability programs/standards.
- Identify sustainability management systems requirements, develop gap assessment templates, and provide coaching to Clients on the implementation of the systems.
- Provide technical support in development of EHSC strategies, processes, plans, and reports to support client management systems and programs.
- Provide EHSC regulatory & best practices advisory services.
- Communicate effectively with clients, technical resources, and team members to control budget, schedule and scope.
- Develop EHSC audit protocols, legal registers, standards and operational procedures.
- Conduct training, in-field coaching, and lead meetings / presentations.
- Support ERM Partners and Project Managers to effectively manage and deliver projects.
- Effectively steward and build client relationships leading to repeat business.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with other ERM employees.
- Combination of relevant undergraduate degree and prior work experience to meet the responsibilities outlined above.
- Experience working with or in the mining industry, including meaningful on site work.
- Minimum 8+ years' of relevant work experience, either consulting or industry in an EHSC role.
- Mining sustainability framework experience such as working with ICMM, Cyanide Code, Towards Sustainable Mining (TSM) or Responsible Gold Mining including development of assessments, protocols, and on-site verifications.
- Experience developing, implementing, maintaining and improving EHSC management systems.
- Broad experience in assessing EHS management systems, including experience in high-risk sectors (e.g., mining, oil and gas, petrochemicals, manufacturing, technology, and power generation).
- Familiar with information solutions/data analytics to support management system implementation and analysis.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to establish client quick rapport and develop long-term relationships, including ability to interact with senior management as well as frontline employees in an industrial setting.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information (oral and written).
- Ability to work independently or with a team to accomplish complex tasks.
- Flexibility and time management skills to handle multiple assignments while meeting strict deadlines.
- High degree of proficiency with software applications such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel.
- Willingness to travel and spend time out of the office (approximately 50% on average).
Who We Are:
- Undergraduate or Master's degree in environmental, sustainability or related health and safety science, engineering, mining or business.
- Certified verifier for TSM or Cyanide Code auditor.
- Fluency in a second language, French or Spanish.
- Certifications such as EP (EMS LA), CRSP, P.Eng. or similar.
- Deep technical specialty in environment, health, safety or community (social).
- Experience with ISO 14001 and ISO 45001, and familiarity with ISO 31000, ISO 50001, ISO 26000, ISO 19011, ISO 9001, ISO 19600, RC14001 is a plus.
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world's leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our "boots to boardroom" approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
ERMwelcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
ERM is an equal opportunity employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!