Do you have extensive knowledge of the global defence business - particularly in C4ISR systems across all domains (space, air, navy, land) that both generate and process/exploit information from multiple different platforms and sources? Are you interested offering your business growth leadership expertise and take on new challenges in expanding a business that has unlimited possibilities?
MDA is a world-leader in surveillance and intelligence solutions and there is a growing demand for these solutions both in Canadian defence and in the global defence industry.
As the Senior Director of Business Development, you will be responsible for developing and leading the strategy to grow MDA's surveillance and intelligence C4ISR business primarily for the Canadian and global defence markets. Included in the role is the leadership of large pursuits of new business with key customers for MDA.Primary Activities
Using your existing knowledge and connections within the defence community, you will create and grow relationships within target customers to identify needs that can be satisfied by MDA and drive pursuits through to awarded contracts.
As the Senior Director of Business Development, you will, as part of the MDA Defence Line of Business team:
Candidate Profile Requirements (experience/skills):
- Analyze segments of the surveillance and intelligence C4ISR market and identify the strategies that MDA can follow to grow its business
- Identify and build relationships with key customers with MDA's sales team
- Lead specific business development and marketing activities or pursuits
- Gather relevant information on specific pursuits and create strategic pursuit plans
- With MDA's sales team, initiate client contacts, follow ups, maintain regular contact with base clients
- Identify major market trends, new/untapped opportunities, new partners and new competitors and issues
- Travel to meet prospective clients on a regular basis or as required
- Lead MDA solution teams to develop winning solutions for specific bids
- Strong defence industry knowledge, experience and contacts
- Minimum of 10 years business development experience with complex sales process in a technical field
- Experienced in account management, pursuit management and business development
- Strong interpersonal, team and leadership skills
Successful candidate(s) must be able to obtain and hold security clearance at the Reliability level.
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision making. Using the latest technology to change the world. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.