Requisition ID: 132122
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Contributes to the overall success of the Digital Payments in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.Is this role right for you?
Where could you work? Both at home and in the office
- As part of the Digital Payments product team, lead the definition of a multi-year vision, strategy and roadmap for Digital Payments working closely with stakeholders within digital and rest of the Bank
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Define clear outcomes and goals for each initiative with associated KPIs/Metrics to ensure success and alignment with the overall vision and strategy; define the "What" and the "Why" as part of problem discovery.
- Build and effectively manage relationships with business lines and support areas in order to identify/respond and understand their ongoing needs and ensure that the strategic direction aligns with the direction for Scotia Digital.
- Conduct market and competitive analysis to identify future opportunities of growth for their product; establish self as a subject matter expertise within digital banking for owning areas
- Understands and keeps up-to-date with emerging technologies, trends and innovative solutions especially in the digital payments space
- Mentors and manages team PMs on team; reviews output produced by junior team members and provides feedback as needed
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- We're working towards a future that is digital by default and creating a local Hub in Vancouver.
- This hybrid role offers the opportunity both to work remotely and head to the Hub to collaborate in person, co-creating a cohesive and inclusive culture with your Vancouver team.
What's in it for you?
- Experience in Payments industry is desirable
- Experience in open banking and consent delivery models is desirable
- Ability to lead multiple projects/products and prioritize work
- Experience in managing scrum teams as product owner is required
- Experience managing & mentoring resources on team
- Experience in Strategy building roles
- Experience presenting to senior leadership
- You have managed a technology product or a digital journey end to end, from inception to delivery
- You are a strong problem solver and have a flair for getting things done
- You have excellent organizational and analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- You have a curious and experimental mindset to drive innovation amidst uncertainty
- Your verbal and written communication skills are exceptional, with the ability to engage and influence stakeholders at different levels in the organizations
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), and generous vacation.
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Developer, Web Design, Finance, Technology, Creative, Marketing
Banking, Finance and Insurance