Work at an award-winning top employer! If you are looking for an empowering and progressive place to build your career, then you've landed in the right place at BCAA. With our corporate Head Office in Burnaby and locations around BC, we offer a wide variety of opportunities all across the province. Go the extra mile and share our vision to be the most trusted organization in British Columbia, absolutely famous for doing the right thing.
Are you motivated by identifying customer problems and turning them into digital solutions that deliver on business and customer value? Do you love Human Centered Design and Design Thinking , but y ou also know that data science insights will tell you things that customer might not? Does the idea of being a part of a fun and goal focused multidisciplinary UX, design & technology team to build digital products excite you? Then the Senior Product Manager position at BCAA Digital is perfect for your next career move.
We value independent thinking, initiative, teamwork, a relentless pursuit of quality, a playful spirit, and a sense of humour. We like smart people - IQ and EQ - change-makers with strong shared values that want to positively impact lives of British Columbians and our communities.
As a Senior Digital Product Manager
, you will play a critical role in BCAA's digital team, as we guide the company through the exciting digital transformation process.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic individual with digital mindset - you are customer obsessed and ready to bring value to BCAA's members by owning digital roadmap of the most loved brand in British Columbia . This role requires ownership, autonomy, and an ability to deliver results. Our ambition requires leaders who possess the entrepreneurial spirit needed to bring new concepts and products to life . You will be a core member of our digital organization focused on help ing our customers in domains of protection, mobility and new ventures . You should be a self-starter with a bias towards getting things done . Clear communication and prioritization will be important as you are part of plan ning and desig ning best experience for our customers. You will build and lead a digital delivery team that will focus on creating significant customer value by being capable of quickly taking ideas from concept to life . You will have an opportunity to build relations across the organization and help us develop relevant competency centers with representatives from IT, Marketing, S a l e s , Evo and other business areas.
You will form insights and find innovative ways to act on these insights, you will help us translate ideas into product designs , incremental optimizations , and harness the passion and energy of teams across the company to bring these designs into the world for our customers . We are looking for a proven candidate who can help shape the vision and roadmap, define the principles and framework that allows our teams to innovate quickly, and integrate these efforts into a coherent whole. ABOUT YOU
- You are perceptive, a creative leader, and a problem solver.
- It's easy for you to break down complex problems into logical, digestible steps.
- Ambiguity doesn't scare you, and you thrive on turning ambiguity and conflicting information into clarity in a fast-changing environment.
- You have a portfolio of digital products that you have shipped, managed and operated, and are proud to share how it delivered value to end users.
- You're good at techie speak and non-techie speak. You've collaborated in multidisciplinary teams, can convey technical concepts to non-technical people as well as turn business, UX an d d esign requirements into technical specifications.
- You have done it before, with 5+ years of experience in a Product Management or similar position.
- Start with the customer and work backwards to define your product vision and customer needs.
- Innovate and develop friction-free products that solve problems for BCAA customers
- Manage a strong cross functional team to see their business initiatives from conception through launch. Collaborate on testing strategy with the D X and Analytics team .
- Be the end-to-end owner of the product - manage the business case, help identify the value proposition, participate in defin ing the customer experience, build out the product requirements, launch plan and see the business through launch and customer adoption .
- Prepare recommendations to track product use and impact on end users - define measurement plans for the digital products that we design and build .
- Work closely with Product Marketing, Sales and Customer Operations to support creation of customer driven messaging, sales enablement tools and thought leadership materials to execute the go-to-market strategy .
- Draft strategy and product updates for the senior /executive team .
- BS in Computer Science or an engineering field , or Product Management, Visual Design, Experience Design, Marketing or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA is a plus.
- 5 + years product management experience, preferably in delivering customer-facing products/service
- Experience managing product, project, or program teams
- Minimum of 2 years leading software development, testing, and technology or product management experience with internet businesses
- Minimum of 2 years of experience translating customer needs into product features, user interface design, and pricing models to deliver an unparalleled customer experience
- Market and customer analysis skills with demonstrated willingness and capability to learn new areas quickly
- Demonstrated ability to define requirements, specifications, and metrics for successful digital services and/or customer experiences efficiently and with quality.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate data-driven decisions that lead to results. Experience using data and metrics to back up assumptions and assertions of business value
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, manage, and prioritize multiple initiatives .
Aon Hewitt has announced BCAA as a 2019 Platinum Level Best Employer! What BCAA offers you:
- E xperience with digital technologies, e-commerce, payments, and mobile applications
It's not in our nature to brag but we are proud of some of our achievements that recognize great employee culture. Some of our latest awards include being a 2019 Platinum level Best Employer by AON and being recognized as a 2018 Outstanding Workplace by YWCA.
Our team members get to make a difference in the lives of our Members and their communities every day.
We pride ourselves in being open and transparent and in empowering our people to do great work while serving our Members.
We enthusiastically support learning and advancement opportunities for our team members.
We are an equal opportunity employer that's committed to accessible, inclusive employment.
Our Regular Full-Time & Part-Time+ (working 20 hours or more per week) status team members are eligible to participate in our amazing Total Rewards Program which offers: Extended Health and Dental, Vision Care, Life Insurance, RRSP matching with company contribution to your pension, access to Incentive Programs, Team Profit Sharing, Employee & Family Assistance Program and more.
Team members at our Home Office also get to use our Shared EV (electric vehicle) Program, have access to our subsidized cafeteria and free fitness centre .
Internal Applicants: Please note the internal posting will close on November 22 and this is a M3 Salary range. After this date, the internal posting will remain open however you will be considered with external candidates.
We aspire to be one of the best places to work for those who value integrity, teamwork and sustainability. Each of us will grow personally and professionally by doing engaging work with inspiring people.
Banking, Finance and Insurance